[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get smarter overall? What should I do? Is it possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: latest.jpg (64KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
64KB, 320x320px
How do I get smarter overall? What should I do?

Is it possible to increase my IQ? I am dumb.
>>
"Smarter" can mean a lot of things. There isn't really anything you can do to improve everything that's associated with intelligence, but if you focus on certain things you can improve them. For instance, you can improve your memory through exercises. Google them.

Also, if you want to score higher on IQ test you can start doing logic problems and learning algorithms. This is actually a great way to "increase" your IQ, as long as you don't get discouraged when you don't understand something and give up. Programmers tend to score very high on IQ tests because they're used to thinking in a very logical, structured way.

You can improve pretty much any aspect of your mind, but remember that it takes a very long time.
>>
File: CqURXkaW8AAUOok.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
CqURXkaW8AAUOok.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>17523004
Read some fucking books on topics you don't understand.
>>
>>17523004
This will be very hard, a lot depends on how you grew up when you were a kid. That being said, just learn things you don't know yet. It will make you smarter per definition.
>>
File: images (46).jpg (9KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
images (46).jpg
9KB, 309x163px
>>17523004
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing anon. You're already halfway there.
>>
>>17523004
Reading newspapers, books for a few months will automatically make you write better. Thats one way
>>
>>17523035
>>17523051
What kind of books?

>>17523047
Whats the other half?
>>
>>17523060
it doesnt matter, as long as you're reading writing that is somewhat advance your own writing will improve, so read something you enjoy. As an aside, reading 4chan and online comments and the like will actually make your writing ability worsen.
>>
>>17523060
Books related to what you're feel lacking in. If you want to be smarter in general you have to feel inadequate. Make a list of things you're interested in learning about and look for books related to those subjects.
>>
>>17523064
>>17523076
I see... so for example, If I start reading programming books and reading Japanese books, i'll get smarter?

It might sound simple to you guys, but this is important to me... thanks!
>>
>>17523004
The fact that you are aware of your own ignorance and short comings means that you can change; you can become become smarter, more knowledgeable, wittier, etc. I would recommend a series of changes and additions to your life: use google calendar to schedule out your days, it is much more efficient and you'll be amazed by how much time you actually have; with this time, plan to read for around a hour a day. You don't have to read some complex Kant bullshit, just choose a fiction writer you wanted to check out or some Steven Pinker or something, anything that will help you start your reading habit. Then choose a subject to learn about -- only focus on that single subject.

I don't want to come off as a know it all, but this is what I have been doing. Though I didn't have your problem when I started, I've developed it -- the more I read, more insecure I become in regard to my own beliefs. Just persevere and you shall triumph, anon.
>>
People tell me I'm smart - but it's mostly because I know a lot of information on a lot of useless stuff.

Here are some things I did/do:

1. Read the dictionary (This is how I knew what a pachyderm was in the 2nd grade. This is also how I maxed out my school reading level so I was able to read larger books in 3rd grade.)

2. When you walk into a room, observe your surroundings. (Try to think - "Why is this room designed this way? Is there any function to this space?" If there are any posters or writing on the walls - read them casually. Make observations about how they look.)

3. Watch a lot of sitcoms and films. (If there's a reference you don't understand, look it up and attempt to understand it as best you can. Similarly, watch behind the scenes featurettes actively.)

4. Be curious.

5. Consume pop culture.
>>
>>17523060
Steps of wisdom
1. Normie
2. misquotes Plato as proof of intelligence
3. Learns to stop misquoting Plato and start listening to what he actually says
4. Reads more philosophy
5. Begins to form personal concrete worldview
10000000. Finds contentment
>>
I think studying CS in college and doing math has had an immense affect on my IQ.

I remember thinking oh im pretty smart and Im a logical guy. Then take my first CS course and my mind gets blown(i dont know shit captain), holy shit I wanted to learn more.
>>
>>17523604
im taking my first cs class online, is it hard?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.