[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into discipline, /adv/? Vidya and mindless web browsing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1472558248711.png (99KB, 260x244px) Image search: [Google]
1472558248711.png
99KB, 260x244px
How do I into discipline, /adv/?
Vidya and mindless web browsing are destroying my life and I don't know what to do about it. Should I just quit cold turkey? I have a feeling I'm gonna relapse really quickly if I do that. Anyone who used to be in the same situation as me? Did you get out of your slump? If so, how did you manage to do that? Any non-memey advice is highly appreciated.
>>
>>17522962
Hate yourself, hate people, and act like the ideal personas that fits for you
>>
There's a lot to be said here and I doubt anyone can offer you a great explanation or how-to guide on it. Basically you need to form other habits that slowly replace your videogames and shitposting needs. You can't just quit cold turkey them, you'd most likely relapse and you'd be miserable if you tried too. You don't really need to quit them either, your problem isn't that you play videogames and shitpost on the internet, it's that you do nothing else. You need to start small but keep at it.

Read "The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business" by Charles Duhigg. It will help you understand how these habits (addictions at this point) work, how to break out of them (or how to stop them from wasting all your time) and how to form healthier ones.
>>
>>17522977
Doesn't sound that different from my current situation desu.
>>
>>17522990
I've already read it actually.
Queue -> response -> reward. Maybe I'm being overdramatic, I have yet to get kicked out of uni and it's not like I'm just taking one course every 300 semesters. But the truth is I am an undisciplined pos and the time I'm spending browsing borderline-retarded "content" for and from autistic manchildren could be spent in a better way. I haven't worked on my hobbies in ages and my grades could be a lot better. Not turning into a wizard would be neato too. But how?
>>
>>17523100
try actually caring about the things you do instead of just trying to look like you care
>>
>>17522962
Set small goals for yourself where you do other shit. Maybe read a book or something. Keep doing that. Eventually, you'll feel less like a piece of shit and you'll move on to bigger things. This is how you break this kind of funk. Seriously. A lot of the time people set high goals for themselves that they can't reasonably reach, and then give up when they fail. Build up to big shit; that's my advice.
>>
same problem as OP only I have tons of ideas of what I want to do, only to give up when I decide that they either aren't good enough or decide I'm not good enough to do them right. I hate my life and I hate myself, even more so because I'm totally capable in every way except motivation.

What's really galvanized my current frustration is that I was working on a project with a friend. I gave up months ago for a few reasons (mostly that I couldn't work on it effectively as I had no local test subjects where he had many, and I had less time to do stuff, and my work was often changed or overwritten by my partner due to aforementioned test results). The project released and here he is getting accolades for the work, and I realize that I should be there too except I'm a worthless fucking quitter. All I ever do is give up, and I hate myself for it. I hate all of it. I hate being this worthless useless person. But at the same time, I don't think I'll ever stop.
>>
>>17523439

I should also say that whenever I get this grand idea of how I'll change myself, I usually start a plan and last at most 2 weeks before I'm back to the same old shit.
>>
>>17522990
who the fuck is this newfag?

>le business book meemeye
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.