[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to balance work & school? Am I making the right choices?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (94KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
94KB, 970x647px
I'll be attending a university come January (transferring from a college) & expect to be a full time student. In the meantime I am looking for a part time job to make some money as well, especially to pay some of the necessary bills. I've already tried to juggle school, & two part time jobs before, & even tried to deal with school & one full time job. Every time I found myself either giving up time for school, or the opposite, time for work because of the other. And for both, my personal time was taken away from me which is a given & that I've come to accept.

Now earlier today I was contacted by a company via email that had seen my resume on Indeed. They wanted to talk to me by phone & possibly offer me a job working full time for about $13-$14 an hour & with benefits such as insurance. I did my research on them & feel I would be a good fit for that company, & the pay is nice IMO as well. However, I do not want to work a full time job, not when my main focus is school & my studies. I emailed them back asking if they had any part time positions available & am awaiting word back.

Now with all that said, I come to /adv/. I like I said I am planning on being a full time student. I don't have many bills to pay other than a vehicle & a few other little things. I am currently living with my Father right now but I would like to move out sometime sooner than later. Have I made the right decision with that last company of which I had explained above? The full time pay & benefits would be amazing but I have a lot of trouble juggling between school & work. Part time still has decent pay but without the benefits, but that way I will be able to make a paycheck & focus on school. And I wonder, how have/are some of you juggling work & school? I'd appreciate some feedback & would love to read some stories from others such as yourselves.

Thank you!
>>
When you have this problem you need to figure out what's the most important. I take it you already did that and you chose uni. Now, it may depend on what kind of job and uni yours are, but in my experience it's nearly impossible to balance both of them. A part-time job is do-able without having to sacrifice uni too much, at least if it has flexible hours, but a full-time job is almost impossible. Everyone I know who tried to do both for over 6 months failed in some respect, be it uni, job or their health. You won't be able to go to the classes, you'll have to learn everything by yourself and if you want to keep up with the uni you won't have any spare time for yourself. Or even sleep, depending on what you're studying.

If you are passionate about uni then by all means turn down the job offer and focus on it. Maybe get a part-time job, something that's not too demanding if you don't need the money. Get the easiest job that will give you the money you need, there's no reason to overextend yourself. You'll have plenty of time and more opportunities to earn money once you have a degree.
>>
>>17522947
I worked all summer and saved my checks. I quit and am doing school full-time now because it's more important
>>
>>17522947

finish school. $14 an hour is nothing. finish school
>>
>>17523846

>more important

What's your major, sweetie?
>>
Thanks everyone, I feel reassured that I'm making the right decision. Especially with what >>17522971
had to say, it helped me more than you would probably think.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.