[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phantom Limb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (60KB, 497x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 497x499px
Long story short, girl singer joined my band for a few months last year. Gave her gas money because we could only practice at my place and she drove 30 minutes every time. We weren't that great, but it was apparent everyone involved was excited with what progress we made.

Near the end of her time with us, she seemed to have fewer and fewer days available for practice. On her last day, I lent her a decent mic and vocal amp for independent practice.

After that, never got a text/call again. She used a fake name. I'm glad she left, because I learned to sing+play and now, almost a year later, we're a great band. However, I can't help but be a bit perplexed by the personal fallout.

Do people really join bands with the hope people give them gear? Was she dissatisfied with our music but too lame to speak up?
>>
>>17522769
Nah forget about her, she's just a shit person, people are shit every now and then and you're going to come across your fair share and probably be one at times yourself.
>>
>>17522769

My guess is that she probably was a bit of a scumbag or just wasn't that serious about the band.

My advice would be to make sure that the people you invite into your band are reliable and trustworthy. I had a bad experience with a singer last year, she needed a band for a party and promised she would pay us. She was frequently late to rehearsals, didn't pay for rehearsal space, didn't bother to learn the songs and to top it all off the money she promised us didn't even exist and we only found out on the evening of the gig, after we set up. In the end we packed up our equipment and ditched her just before we were due to go on. Haven't heard from her since.

Some people are just out to con you, sadly
>>
>>17522774
Thanks. Solid, universal advice
>>17522790
Thanks. She came off as a little insecure, but wouldn't have thought she was a total turd. Was too busy writing tunes to notice she was probably unstable
>>
>>17522769
OP again. Who would waste 3 months in a band for two small pieces of gear?
>>
>>17522815
Let it go man, it's in the past
>>
>>17522815
It's probably more than the gear, she was probably gonna fuck off from the beginning since she gave you fake info. Maybe she thinks she's justified in taking it. Mulling over it won't get you any closer to figuring out what was actually going on in her head. Appreciate any good that has come from this and take it as a lesson but don't let yourself become cynical over it.
>>
>>17522880
A lot of good has come from it. Thanks. I doubt this will happen in the future, but if someone ever gives me a fake name again, should I ask them about it when I find out?
>>
>>17522893
Depends, some people have fake or different names for a reason and it's always weird to bring up how you're snooping behind someone's back but if it's all in the open like they know you're doing a background check or getting references for them then it should be fine. If you find out from a rumor then it's okay too I guess like "people are saying X, just want you to know".
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.