[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding peace with my loneliness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: reality.jpg (45KB, 316x640px) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
45KB, 316x640px
I've recently become very aware of how alone I am and although I used to be content with being alone. Honestly I loved it more than anything, but I'm having a bit of cognitive dissonance here.

I like being alone and all by myself, however I also long for love and intimacy, not even in a romantic sense just knowing someone wants to be around me. So to put it simply, I want to be alone but I don't want to be completely alone all the time.

This newfound need to be around others is really fucking with me, i feel weak. I've always been independent and I don't like having to rely on anyone for anything. How do I find contentment within my loneliness again /adv/?
>>
Play some vidya, cook a pizza, enjoy doing things on your time instead of having people blow up your phone telling you to come hang out or you're a horrible person

I love being alone
>>
Introvert: The post
>>
>>17522247
Not sure what your personal life is like, but you can work as cashier and have short conversations with people, or play online and make friends there.
>>
>>17522248
>>17522252
>>17522257

I'm a 20 year old dude in college.
I love playing video games in my spare time but I can't help but feel some sense of longing. Fallout is my go to because I love post apocalypse shit. Vidya used to really help me escape but it doesn't work as well for that as it used to. I am introverted, not to an autistic degree. OP pic related kinda captures the loneliness I feel I guess,
>>
>>17522292
I'm you, except 5 years older with next to no friends or anyone I can really talk to and the longing for a close friend has left me terribly distressed. I'm almost to the point of giving up, but the one notion that keeps me from doing so IS my sadness. I assume since I'm sad that I do care and want to get better, but don't know how.

My advice to you is immediately start working to make your situation happier. Leaving problems alone doesn't solve anything and can snowball into something much bigger and much worse.

Sounds like you want a girlfriend but are intimidated/anxious that it will take all of your free time away. It won't. It's not as bad as it seems. Just realize that getting close to someone and if they choose to leave you, it can hurt.
>>
>>17522247
It comes in waves man. People are exhausting. Deepen the relationships you do have (family, friends if any) and it can satisfy that need a bit. Accept that it isn't weakness to want to be around people, it's our evolved brain chemistry. Feel the whole depth of your loneliness, I feel really content when I do that. I'm in hermit mode at the moment myself, having spent most of the summer with people.
>>
File: Matt.png (135KB, 226x213px) Image search: [Google]
Matt.png
135KB, 226x213px
>>17522247

I feel the exact same way I've come to terms with myself now, I'm probably going to die alone, never had any friends in school parents divorced when I 8, Never had a good relationship with my father, keeping your mind occupied is the best thing to do I watch Podcasts and streamers most of the time so at least it feels like someones talking to me, you can also set yourself little things to look forward to like to keep yourself going
>>
>>17522836
>so at least it feels like someones talking to me
fuck that one brought up some uncomfortable feelings. I listen to music constantly so I don't have to be alone, in the silence, with my thoughts
>>
I go and walk around Wal Mart so I don't feel alone. Its best around holidays when everyone is doing their shopping/
>>
>>17522901
also at night when your feeling alone. I was a night stocker for a while and so I would go at night to see people.
>>
>>17522901
The holidays are always nice. I like seeing people in happy loving families and relationships and all the general togetherness. I don't like it for myself personally, but it's a very nice vibe in general that you don't get the rest of the year
>>
>>17522903
yeah theres a ton of crackheads who'll slash your throat walking around my neighborhood at night, but I get the sentiment. I like sitting on my rooftop
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.