[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to tell a girl that she is overweight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: CrRkoATVUAAfxck.jpg (105KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CrRkoATVUAAfxck.jpg
105KB, 600x900px
I like her. And I don't mind some curves. But she's a little big for me. She's very pretty. I'd love it if she would loose 20 lbs over the next year or so. ... Is there any reasonable way to approach this subject with her? I'm open to being somewhat indirect about it, but I don't really like playing long term games just for the sake of suggesting my intentions.
>>
>I'd potentially date you if you drop twenty pounds

No, no way to tell someone that.
>>
Just work out with her, do fun things like tennis or hiking. She'll lose weight naturally.
>>
>>17522187
You don't.
Don't start dating people you don't like. If you like someone the way they are, go for it. If you don't, find someone else.
>>
>>17522187
>asking others to change for you

Absolutely not. Not only are they going to take offense to it, they simply won't do it. People change for themselves. That's how lasting change happens. Not for someone/because of someone else.

Least of all is she going to change for you, some guy who wants someone in shape.

Buzz off and find someone who matches the body type you find attractive. There are millions of women out there. Millions who are in shape, and whose personality you will enjoy. Leave this other chick alone to either find herself, or find someone who wants her as she is.
>>
>>17522206
>>17522204
>>17522193

thank you guys
>>
>>17522187
My fiancee and I have been gradually losing weight since we moved in together. I've lost 50 pounds and she has lost 40. It's possible to do. It was probably easier in my case since I also needed to lose weight. I just told her we needed to start eating healthier. We each have a parent that has health issues related to weight so I also used that as motivation. We are almost average weight now. Just need to lose a bit more.
>>
>>17522215
No problem. It's a shame, but it is what it is.
>>
>>17522206
What if they them self are complaining about it? Then they have no excuse to not stuff thwir face all day.
>>
Depends how close you are to them. I kept telling one of my friends that he's a fat fuck until he decided to start lifting, now he's on his way to become /fit/.

Still, if that person is not too close to you telling them might seem insulting. You could still say it in a milder tone like "You'd be insanely hot if you lost a little weight.", in your case, but results may vary depending on her. And yeah, suggesting that she should lose weight for you when she's not even in any kind of romantic relationship with you is a terrible idea.
>>
This is why I hate obesity so much. It's a major problem that is harming millions of people and its so personal and socially taboo to say anything about it.

My dad had a heart attack. He almost died. He put all his weight back on and now I dread that he's going to have another one again in the next few years. And I can't bring myself to talk to him about losing weight because of how socially taboo it is.

I'm going to lose my dad to obesity and live with the regret of never talking to him about it for the rest of my life.

Oh i've tried. Here and there. But it doesn't change him. It doesn't work. Obesity is just too strong of a problem.

>>17522206
>Absolutely not
Absolutely not IF and only IF it is interpreted as the other person trying to be a control freak who is trying to change who you are

If somebody ever came up to me, and gave me a really good argument as to why something I was doing was wrong and that I should stop doing it, I would listen. I would listen intently. And I would take great care and consideration to think about what they have said and would probably do it if the argument was good.

I think its a shame we live in a society where people trying to help people is interpreted as offensive and wrong. It makes me sick.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.