[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Temporary treatment for social anxiety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Painkillers.jpg (54KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
Painkillers.jpg
54KB, 720x486px
Hi /adv/, I have a question about painkillers.

I get bad social anxiety around certain people. I have read that painkillers can relieve social anxiety, so I was wondering this was true. I don't plan to do it often, but I have some low dose painkillers left over from when I had my wisdom teeth out a year ago. I know it isn't a good idea, but will it take the edge off?
>>
Smoke weed. Pain killers will fuck you up. You'll be constipated too.
>>
>>17521836

>Smoke weed

I'd rather not. I'm asthmatic and smoking would fuck me up, especially because my doctor just took me off my inhaler to see if I can live without it. Like I said I wouldn't take them often, maybe every once in awhile.
>>
>>17521835

Xanax, Valium, Clonidine
>>
>>17521840
Fine then use it in oil form. Literally pain killers and tranquilizers will make you a zombie. Discuss actual anti-anxiety meds with a doc if you really want to (even though their effectiveness varies it's better than nothing)
>>
>>17521836
the fuck outta here. weed exacerbates anxiety for some
>>
>>17521835
Sure, those painkillers will help. You'll probably have a great time.

But the crippling addiction and resurgence of anxiety that's 10x worse because you've not had to deal with it in a while doesn't make the temporary fix worth it.
>>
>>17521870
>>17521843

I'm worried to talk to my doctor about it because I have read about people getting dismissed that they don't have anxiety even though they have problems. Mine is infrequent and only certain situations trigger it.

Not to mention I am embarrassed to talk about it.
>>
File: MFW DO IT.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MFW DO IT.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>17521884

"Who Dares Wins"

He'll you a few .5 MG and tell you to take them as needed; if they do, great.

If not, he'll up the dosage and/or give you more.

If that doesn't work then it's Valium.

OR

He could skip benzos all together and give you Zoloft which helps with depression and anxiety.

Explain your symptoms, be honest and don't come across as a drug seeker by telling him what you want to him prescribe to you.

You can continue to suffer do do something about it.
>>
>>17521836
>Smoke weed

dont listen to this retard, op. Weed will intensify your anxiety even more
>>
painkillers have never done me any good as anxiety medication. just smoke some cigarettes or get drunk, it works awesome for me. amphetamines are ok too.
>>
>>17521882

this is why I can't drink, I'm a happy drunk but the moment the alcohol wears off I'm searching for something to hang myself with
>>
File: 1469827796481.jpg (139KB, 628x732px) Image search: [Google]
1469827796481.jpg
139KB, 628x732px
>>17521835
try meditation op
>>
Yes it'll loosen you up in social setting. benzos work better
>>
>>17521835

Try Benadryl or it's generic form, Diphenhydramine, at a 25mg to 50mg dosage. You can get a ton of the stuff from cheap on Amazon.

I've been dealing with social anxiety since the age of 9 (I'm in my mid-30s now) and Xanax/Buspar/Prozac did nothing for me but cause side effects like insomnia or making me feel "mind fog" and unable to concentrate on anything.

Benadryl is one of the few things I've found to be effective. It basically somewhat sedates you (drowsiness) making you feel less anxiety. Though if you take it every day, by the 5th day, you'll develop tolerance and you'll no longer feel sedated. It's best to use it sparingly when you need it, like going on a job interview.
>>
>>17522450
Dont mess around with benzos please.
those meds are worse than hitler.
>>
>>17521835
No, painkillers do not treat anxiety. However if you take enough you'll be so far out of it that you wont know up from down, hence you wont have anxiety..
>>
>>17521835

Anxiety is suck a bitch I know the feeling but I mean what also sucks that I did try not being on any medication but that never worked out good so went back but a different med. But no matter what the med yeah it isn't a cure all and having to figure out what else to do is hard. Also affects everybody differently, at my worst of an attack I basically become a crying little pussy which is embarrassing as a man.
>>
>>17522188
>Stimulants for anxiety
Dumbass
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.