[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2010 graduated from school with a degree in journalism >Two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: DSC00823.jpg (3MB, 4912x2760px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00823.jpg
3MB, 4912x2760px
>2010 graduated from school with a degree in journalism
>Two weeks out clips from the student paper and internships land me a full-time job with a paper in Alaska
>Take the job, but quit after four months because I keep making factual errors and I'm mentally unwell. I keep thinking about killing myself and almost getting into car accidents because I want to die.
>Work odd jobs until 2012, when I find a full-time job as a math tutor
>New boss comes in
>Unlike old boss, she's a control freak and a bitch. Hates me.
>Instead of trying my hardest and being professional, I end up getting into it with her.
>Instead of bringing up that we were told we didn't have to memorize our scripted lesson plans word for word, I tell her I can't do it.
>Eventually I'm fired.
>Move back in with my parents because I couldn't find a decent paying job and my lease was up.
>Find instant work as a freelance reporter.
>Make near constant factual errors and eventually am demoted at one job because of them.
>Find a full-time job as a report writer at a medical clinic
>Eventually quit because I'm tired of my boss and the doctors yelling at me in front of patients and generally treating me like shit.
>Out of work for six months.
>>
Continued
>During this entire time I'm dealing with an emotionally and physically abusive younger sister, who my parents have decided is the best thing in the world since I left for college and want me to reconcile with even when she turns around five seconds later to attack me when I don't do whatever it is she's demanding at the moment
>Finally work one job for a full year
>Move back to the Midwest via a summer job with the Girl Scouts
>Find out they want me to work 80 hours a week for a flat rate (no overtime) and haven't hired the staff they promised I'd be managing.
>Turns out I'm an overworked lifeguard
>Quit and move back to Chicago
>Find an administrative assistant job through a temp agency
>Boss and co-workers love me
>Interview for a permanent position
>"So we noticed you used to work as a journalist...Where do you see yourself in five years?"
>Tell them how I don't want to be a journalist and why then give some bullshit about how being an administrative assistant is great.
>They're looking at other candidates
>Probably won't get the job

What the fuck should I do? I'm almost 28. I refuse to crawl back to my parents again. I'd rather live on the streets. How will I survive? What the fuck can I do? Am I that hopeless?
>>
>everywhere I go I don't get treated like a special snowflake
>my parents are enabling my shit work ethic
>everyone is the problem but me!!

Let's be honest son, your parents are gonna bail your gay ass out again and you'll be back home in mom's basement getting real comfy.
>>
The fuck factual errors are you making, Jesus.
>>
Haha I always knew journalists are practically useless.

Just become one of those bitter political pundits who blog/twitter all the time about stupid shit. I mean, look at Shaun King. If he can do it, why can't you? You know how to write and DGAF about facts, so it's perfect.
>>
>>17520161
>shit work ethic

Much the opposite. I graduated from college in three years by working my ass off while interning. My work ethic led to the boss at the clinic begging me to stay when I delivered my notice.

Read the entire post before acting like I'm some r9k meme, idiot.
>>
>>17520176
>DGAF about facts

I do. I have a mental problem where I don't hear things correctly. It's a strange comprehension issue. Someone once told me there name was Arnold and I heard Leo. It sucks.
>>
>>17520176
This.

Work for MSNBC, all you have to know is Republicans = bad people and Democrats = saintly sages who are the best people

Or Fox if the opposite is your thing. All you have to do is be opinionated but reliable in not attacking your intended audience's beliefs, merely reinforcing them.
>>
>>17520178
You have no interest in jobs or working
>>
>>17520190
If I had no interest in jobs or working, then why is it that I keep doing it? That's strange. It's almost as if you didn't read the post.

Troll harder, cock knocker.
>>
>>17520178
Okay so if your work ethic is so great, and you were able to get a prestigious and rigorous journalism degree from the top tier loyola Carbondale institute why is it so hard for you to hold down a job?
>>
>>17520196
Keep doing what? You never do anything well or for very long.
>>
>>17520206
This you fucking faggot. And if you think you insults are so creative, and if your journalistic style is anything remotely like your posting style it's easy to see why no one would want you.*

*edited for factual errors
>>
>>17520199
I've only been fired from one job. The newspaper that demoted me kept me on because of my skills as a feature writer.

>loyola Carbondale
Nice try. Didn't go to either.

I haven't been able to find a decent paying job. Most places won't hire me for an administrative position because I was a journalist for so long.

>>17520206
I've done enough to pay my own bills through college and live independently or continue paying my bills, including a share of rent, when I'm at home with my parents.
>>
>>17520212
>journalistic style is anything remotely like your posting style it's easy to see why no one would want you

Tell that to the major alternative weekly that published four of my stories. No errors for them.
>>
So this is what happens when I come to /adv/ and ask for advice on where to go with my life...Sadly I'm not surprised, but usually there's at least one kind soul that offers some guidance on where to go.

Any tips on how to commit suicide?
>>
Where do you want to go in your life?
>>
>>17520254
I want to work a simple office job and earn enough money to pay my bills, plus some for savings and a weekly trip to the movies/a museum/something. That's all. It'd be nice to have a cat too, but I could live without that.
>>
>>17520263
hmm, a simple job that doesn't require attention to detail but pays ok....

fuck, I can't think of anything that doesn't require attention to detail.

Maybe a government job? Seems like those are hard to get fired from. The IRS is always hiring.
>>
>>17520221
Dang bro, then what do you need us for? Answer is obvious, you get a job writing because you are so good. Or you could just attentionwhore saying you're gonna commit suicide.
>>
>>17520276
My attention to detail isn't bad as long as I'm reading instead of listening to people.

I'll check with the IRS. A government job would be ideal, but competition is too fierce.
>>
>>17520263
A job as a bank teller might do it for you. Or a call-center person. Personally I would go for the bank.

I'm sure there is something you can do in Chicago.
>>
>>17520284
Buddy of mine got a federal job, took a year of trying to get it though. The trick is to just apply for shit until they hire you for something.
>>
>>17520284
https://irs.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/448936100/

These are entry level jobs, you do them a few years and then you qualify for higher level stuff.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.