[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet arguments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Dose.jpg (85KB, 626x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Dose.jpg
85KB, 626x1185px
How do I not take internet arguments seriously? I always feel the need to win every single one and i get sensitive about it. Other than getting off the internet, what do I do?
How do I avoid more
>>
Be less of a stupid baby all the time
>>
>>17520164
How
>>
Debate in real life instead
>>
Get off 4chan and social media.
Or just nut up and realize your opponent is hiding behind a computer screen, and 9 times outta 10 is literally retarded.
Also learn how to open your mind up a bit more. It's ok to "lose" an argument if you find yourself genuinely agreeing with your opponent after they shoot some evidence at you. Nothing's worse than someone trying to backpedal when proven wrong.

As for "how" you do any of this, you ain't gonna like the answer, you just do it. Next time you get in a petty internet fight, take the effort to detach yourself, get off the fucking computer, and go outside. Go for a walk outside, clear your head, and if after that you still feel like dumb internet drama is worthy of your fucking time then you need to seek professional help.
>>
>>17520135
Sucking dicks worked for me
>>
>>17520135
Dont think of it as losing, think of it as learning more about the tactics of your opponent.

I get in arguments that I have 0 chance of winning for fun. I enjoy people showing me their logic, it gives me a better chance of destroying people who think similarly.
>>
File: argument-cartoon.jpg (21KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
argument-cartoon.jpg
21KB, 400x319px
>>17520135

I truly believe that no one, if asked, would ever say that an internet argument was the highlight of their day.

Given that you can choose to do other things that might be, act accordingly.

>But I enjoy arguing with people on the internet!

I didn't say that you don't, just that there are probably more enjoyable and productive things you can do. Arguing's not so good that it'd be preferable to those things.

>I reallly like it

Then I have nothing to say to you, but most people seem like it's just something they feel they need to do, not actually enjoy.

>If I do feel like I have to, what might help not?

Realize you accomplish nothing by "winning", and also accomplish nothing or very little by "losing".

Before you begin an internet argument, ask yourself "Is there theoretically any way in which I could be convinced to abandon my position and accept the other guy's position?"

99% of the time the answer is no, and I think it's probably about the same for the other person, so most of the time you're just wasting both of your times and aren't learning much.

So that means, at absolute best, if you're not arguing for each other or for yourself, you're arguing to convince spectators.

Consider: How many internet arguments have you read that made you say some variant of "This is an interesting internet argument and I've decided to side with this guy because his views are more correct?"

Probably never. Most of the time internet arguments are shit and are a waste of time, and get a general reaction of "Ugh, shut up" from most people.

So, that means for most arguers, it doesn't make them particularly happy, doesn't convince the other guy, doesn't convince the audience, and just makes you look like an argumentative prick.

So save yourself the effort. Don't do things that don't make you happy and don't make things better. Choose to be better than that.
>>
>>17520281
You're right. I learned that overwhelming support can lead you to win an argument, even if the other side has hard facts
>>17520299
You're right, why get into it in the first place. I have to say that half the time I unintentionally got dragged into these things, like the time someone assumed I was an sjw commenting on youtube and the proceeded to say I was a reddit poster. That reply they made had 41 google likes.
>>
I used to be like you, eventually I realized it as due to my insecurities: my worth was based on my intelligence alone, if I was losing argument,s that means I'm not intelligent anymore.

Work on your self-esteem.
>>
>>17520135
>how to not take internet arguments seriously
By fucking trolling you retard, pretend to be something your not and enjoy the lulz by others taking you seriously.
>>
>>17520746
>>17520691
You guys are both right. Trolling g will just get a ruse out of people. And I need that self esteem so you're right
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.