[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I retake my SAT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1468976704716.png (198KB, 293x287px) Image search: [Google]
1468976704716.png
198KB, 293x287px
I dropped out and got a GED three years ago. My SAT score is from three years ago and is a 1590/2400. I've been a NEET for the entire three years but I want to go to university now this spring and my grandmother will pay for ALL OF IT ONLY if it's a real university and not community college. Would retaking my SAT give me a boost or would it be a waste of time? I can buy the 2016 collegeboard book for $17, but I don't know if it will actually be looked at. I want to get into somewhere like University of Pittsburgh or University of Washington, nothing insanely amazing.
>>
Fucking shit, my GPA was something like a 2.8 UW from a college preparatory boarding school, by the way.
>>
>>17519127
>can I do this
well, try regardless
also you can probably practice for the SAT and retake it for maybe a higher score, having this situation as motivation for you
>>
>>17519123
Your scores look like those of a person who never gave a shit. Good schools want to accept people who give a shit. A high SAT score can make up for a low HS GPA, b/c admission officers understand that, for some smart kids, high-school seems dumb and pointless. Study for and retake your SAT, focus heavily on the Math score if you want to go STEM. Be willing to put time in (1 or 2 years) at either a community college or a state school satellite campus (like UW-Tacoma), and earn your way into the flagship school.
> nothing insanely amazing
Get your head out of your ass, OP. Those are damn good schools.
>>
>>17519123
Wtf is that op image
>>
>>17519353
those schools are 50% admission rate. they are definitely not anything special.
>>
Say you're black or Hispanic and you'll get in
>>
>>17519417
You have a 2.8 GPA and 1590 SAT. Your scores are shit. Again, get your head out of your ass, and be ready to work. You can get away with a low SAT if you have a high GPA - it shows that, while you may be shit at standardized tests, at least you give a shit. You can get away with high SAT and low GPA - it shows that, while HS was pointless for you, you're at least smart enough to beat a standardized test. You've proved neither.
>>
>>17519417
Also, get a fucking job. No admissions board is going to be impressed if you spent three years on your mom's couch earning GBPs. They'll be understanding, though, if you have a good reason for being on that couch, i.e. mental or physical illness, and you have proof of said illness.
>>
>>17519418
Not with those scores.
>>
>>17519457
no university i ever applied to gave a shit about what you did in the time out of high school. it's not a fucking job application you retard.
>>
>>17519488
I used to work at the Honors College at a Big 10 school. I know what I'm talking about. They don't care about what you did between HS and college. They just want to see that you did something, rather than nothing. Flipping burgers > mom's couch.
>>
>>17519417
Q1 at UW scored 1630 on the SAT. a 1590 puts you in the bottom 25th percentile of their average class.
>>
>>17519123
Not gonna lie it will be incredibly tough to get into a 4 year with that SAT score, given that you have been a NEET for 3 years. You'd have gotten into a school just out of high school, though obviously you never finished.

So, if your grandma will pay for it, yes take the SAT again and study your ass off for it. Second, apply to schools anyways, assuming your grandma will pay for admission fees. Third, if you do not get in then go to community college. Do well in your courses and show that you can work in an academic environment and know your shit. Then transfer to a four year for you final 2-3 years. If need be get a job, you can likely afford community college, until your grandma pays for the 4 year when you transfer.
>>
>>17519478
That's funny Steve

You can have a 0.1 GPA and get into most colleges if you're a nigger
>>
>>17519564
wew, lad. crackers will cracker.
>>
File: 1355614760412.jpg (10KB, 219x280px) Image search: [Google]
1355614760412.jpg
10KB, 219x280px
>>17519568
Whatever you say jiggaboo
>>
File: time_to_be_serious.jpg (180KB, 580x542px) Image search: [Google]
time_to_be_serious.jpg
180KB, 580x542px
You'd have to get like a 1400/1600 for them to give you a pass. It'd show enough improvement that it'd nullify your 3 year old GPA/SAT. that'd be equivalent of a 2100/2400 which is pretty good.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.