[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix posture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (43KB, 417x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 417x416px
Assuming Im not past the point of no return, what are small things I can do daily to make it so i dont have to consciously straighten my back.

Could sleeping on my back as opposed to my side help with this?
>>
>>17519007
I know that sleeping on your back is better for your shoulders and organs, but I'm not sure about posture.

Best advice I can give is to make it a conscious effort to have and maintain a good posture.

When I was a little guy, people would compliment me for my posture all the time which fuelled my desire to maintain it.
After 9 months in my first foster home, I lost the will to maintain it and with my will, went my posture.

The only way I know of maintaining it is to have the will to do so.

Perhaps investing in an ergonomic chair to use while on your computer.

I'm not sure about your money sitution, but you might also benefit from certain mattresses and pillows which promote spinal health.

Working out, especially in a public setting, can promote a good posture due to the "proper form" of exercises.

The "proper form" of every exercise I know exists to reduce injury on your body parts and allow a setting for for you to make the most gains. Given that your spine is an integral part of the motion in many exercises, "proper form" could be helpful for you in promoting a good posture.
>>
Consciously straightening up will give way to it being automatic if you stick with it. Keeping up good posture will strengthen the muscles it uses, but anything that increases core strength in general will accelerate the process.

It's hard to suggest exact exercises without knowing how your posture is bad normally, but going for a one-off session with a PT or kinesiologist and asking for some exercises will help if you have the money. There isn't really a magic bullet shortcut for it.
>>
Count ten sidewalk blocks in front of you when you're walking, look at that level. If you go on a lot of walks it'll help you fix your posture. Aside from that, make sure your computer is eye level so that you don't look down at it.
>>
strength training (note: not bodybuilding) will very quickly improve your posture, without you consciously exerting extra effort to prop yourself up (which I'm sure is not worth it)
>>
Depends on which particular posture problem you have. If you have a forward neck for example you have to google 'forward neck exercises' and a couple of videos will pop up how to strenghten certain muscles you've neglected over the years which resulted in your posture.
>>
Check out this "Constructive Rest" pose...
http://alexandertechnique.com/constructiverest/
It can help your muscles relax all up in your back and neck and may be easier to stand up straight
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.