[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How realistic are these goals? I want to buy an few acres of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1465750142168.jpg (43KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
1465750142168.jpg
43KB, 625x415px
How realistic are these goals?

I want to buy an few acres of land and have a small one-story house built. Then I want to have solar panels and other renewable energy sources with a battery like the Tesla power pack.

could I do this at a reasonable cost? I'd be throwing money away by renting and traditional houses with decent land size are expensive anyway.

I'd like the land I buy to be somewhat secluded, but not remote.

In my head it sounds great and something I could work toward, but I have no experience doing anything like this. I'm also young (22)
>>
File: 1470319904977.gif (876KB, 450x342px) Image search: [Google]
1470319904977.gif
876KB, 450x342px
>>
>>17518796
First off you need an income.
>oh just I'll live off the land.
You still will need an income.

Majority of these little wilderness getaways are built by the trust fund generation.
>>
>>17518898
i know i need an income. I'm starting web dev career / programming

i don't intend to live off the land, though i will grow food.
>>
>>17518917
not that anon but it should be doable as long as you have a day job. just know that if you live in a rural area, you may have to contend with crappy rural internet (if you work from home) or long commutes.

but yeah, if you're producing some/all of your own power and some of your own food, and you're comfortable living within modest means, it can be done. I say go for it.

figure out how much money it'll take, make a plan to get that money, and make a plan for what you'll do when you get the land. break down cost of living etc. obviously plans can change somewhat as you carry them out, but it'll be a starting point.

you might be able to do it in as little as 5 years if you're very dedicated and lucky. but if it were me, I'd make more like a 10 or 15 year plan.
>>
>>17518796
It's a nice dream. I think you're greatly underestimating the cost of new construction. If you're on the outskirts of an area with expensive real estate finding a good lot will be hard too. You'll need power, water and sewer/septic. I know areas where water is hundreds a month and others where septic permits aren't given out in an attempt to limit development. Getting a loan on an off-the-grid house can be almost impossible.

>>17518917
Internet access will be shitty and expensive too.
>>
>>17519014
I'm not necessarily looking to live in a rural area. just somewhere with a few acres where I can have my own little space.

thanks for your response

>>17519057
i dont want to live off-the-grid or too far from cities.
>>
are you asking us if you can buy rural property of a decent size, because the answer is yes, so long as you have the money

>can I have solar panels and batteries?
yes, you just have to buy them
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.