[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 14 year old son got sent home from school for lying about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (105KB, 1167x1325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 1167x1325px
My 14 year old son got sent home from school for lying about his age to try and donate blood to the school blood drive. What do I do now? Do I punish him? Or what?
>>
Holy shit, your kid is great.
Don't punish him, his heart was definitely in the right place. Explain to him why they have age limits on blood drives, and tell him that you're super proud that he wanted to donate, and tell him that when he's old enough you both will go donate together.

But if you punish him for breaking a rule in order to do something helpful and good, you'll be teaching him to respect rules over actually being helpful. Just make sure he understands why this rule is in place.
>>
>>17518595
He says the rule is bs because "how many 14 year olds are 6'1" and 190 pounds?"
>>
>>17518699
It's more about informed consent and being old enough to make safe & responsible decisions. Being tall doesn't matter.
>>
>>17518699
None. There is no such thing as a 6'1" 190lbs 14 year old
>>
>>17518806
>Obviously doesn't know some kids can be that tall at the age of puberty that leads them to god-tier sports money jobs.
>>
>>17518807
Kek, he only does fag sports he couldn't make any money off of
>>
You can talk to him almost like any other adult "why did you do that?". 14 year old's aren't retarded. Some people fly out to London and take on corporate entities at 16.
>>
>>17518575
just explain to him why his actions were unwise. dont you remember being 14? did you respond well to "punishment"? i sure as hell didnt
>>
>>17518871
This guy gets it. Teenagers aren't dogs, they're basically adults that are slightly more impulsive and less experienced with self-sufficiency.
>>
>>17518575
I wouldn't come out of this thinking your son is a saint or something. Most of the time these kids go to those blood drive things just to skip class.
>>
>>17518575
Talk to him donät fucking punish him. If you think punishing will make him learn you shouldn't have become a parent.
>>
Talk to him about it, he didn't do anything that really deserves much punishment.
>>
>>17518595
>breaking rules is okay as long as you are doing it for the greater good
Hello fellow chaotic good master race.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.