[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love From Abroad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Michael_and_Calo.jpg (78KB, 780x569px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_and_Calo.jpg
78KB, 780x569px
Good morning /adv/, first-time posting here in awhile.

(TL;DR - Is "buying" a spouse that bad of an idea?)

I'm in my mid-twenties, and have spent most of my young adult life working to build on both my academics and finances. Unfortunately, this has left me very little room to create a lasting bond with someone special. Two of my closest friends are set to be married by the end of this year, whereas it's been several years since I ever held some semblance of kinship between another person. I took a stab at Tinder and OKCupid, but I was disheartened that a majority of women only wanted temporary relationships, and had no interest in something more permanent. Their tragically millennial sensibilities seemed to keep them darting from man to man.

Anyhow, the other evening, a friend of mine joked that I would have to settle for a mail-order wife before too long. I quickly dismissed his comments, yet for some reason, the notion of doing something like that seemed oddly appealing to me.

From what I've read (which admittedly isn't much) it would seem that most of the women involved in these "services" are merely seeking a better life here in the United States.

Considering the fact that I am of sound finances and capable of supporting both myself and another person, as well as being able to afford the investments involved in actually meeting one of these individuals - is it really that far-fetched of an option?

I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed the benefits of moderate wealth, and it would be wonderful to give another person that opportunity as well. We could learn about our different cultures, travel between our home countries, and perhaps actually build some kind of lasting relationship.

Can I do something selfless for once in my life and help someone find a better life for themselves, with the chance of there being a romance between us? Or am I simply setting myself up to be taken advantage of?

I'd be happy to answer any questions.
>>
you really think marrying a stranger is going to make you happy? you're an idiot
>>
Have you considered
>you'll be judged
>you'll probably feel embarrassed about it
>you'll be exploited
>she won't make you happy
>you might get scammed
>what if she runs as soon as she gets permanent resident status
Etc. There's a reason it's really not that common
>>
>>17517695
Quite right. Love is for fools.

You've tempted fate by courting loneliness and now you want to see fortune swing.

You behold a catalogue of willing brides. I don't know what stops you from picking your favorite and going with it, I truly do not. Truly.

And hell, if you're wealthy enough to order out for a bride, you're wealthy enough to sic a PI on the case when she goes out for unplanned errands. I mean, come on. Do I have money wrong?
>>
>>17517632
There are cases of this working out - I know of former penpals now celebrating their 50th anniversary. But those were simpler times.

If you really want to go that route, get to know the woman VERY well before considering importing her. As you guess, the majority are just looking to get to the US or affluent Europe. True Love is not likely to be a concern of theirs - rather, they are thinking very practically "Is living with this guy and letting him fuck me worth a green card?"

In far too many cases the answer is No, and the pattern is Marry. Come to US. Stick with it a while. Divorce. Stay in US.
>>
Some interesting thoughts here.
>>
File: 1461330305645.jpg (13KB, 235x204px) Image search: [Google]
1461330305645.jpg
13KB, 235x204px
>>17517632
You'd be marrying someone who most likely will put up with you for a green card.

I'd suggest you actually date people from other cultures already living there, or try moving to a different country for a while and getting to know the people while hiding the fact you're looking for someone to marry.
This may give you a new perspective on dating and you may actually be able to find someone who could be genuinely interested in you and not your nationality or financial status.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.