[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scumbag Majority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: ok.jpg (33KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
33KB, 500x667px
I'm starting to think that barely anyone is fair or rational. This fact depresses me, because I'm very tired of dealing with scumbags. It's always that "friend" who says something to hurt you purpose, or that "lover" who obviously and unapologetically cheats, until you're just sick of it and call them on it. As a very emotional person, I am constantly reeling from dealing with the two-faced scumbags who populate and destroy most of this planet, even my family. So, I push people away, and this slows my attempt at meeting the rare good people. When I do meet the rare good people, they are usually overtaken by false ideologies, addiction or even abusers. They're weak from being so sensitive towards themselves and others. Maybe human beings are not meant to be so sensitive, and this is just paying the price for a genetic abnormality. Being overly emotional is actually considered a serious disease now, and unsurprisingly it can be "hard to treat with medication." Jesus.

TL;DR: I'm asking you, is there any hope for people who are honestly 'good'? Is negotiating with the scumbag majority a necessity even when it comes to friends and lovers?
>>
> As a very emotional person

Yes, this is the problem here, as it deeply warps your perspective on reality. You think in black and white terms but most people are shades of grey. Being "good" doesn't mean never committing even a small slight against anyone ever, and thinking that makes you an objectively immoral, unfair, and irrational asshole.

I'll bet most people around you identify *you* as the asshole, and that the people you accuse are pretty much not out of line at all.
>>
>>17516511
6/10
solid understanding of trolling but not intelligent enough in its execution
>>
>>17516511
>>17516524
awaiting assessment

>feels a sense of accomplishment from putting others down

results: a.) upset, b.) insecure, c.) both
IQ: sub 110, low possibility of objective introspection, most likely oblivious to his or her condition
>>
>>17516524
you're too far gone to recognize that you're not a good person. I only feel sad for you, and I'm not trolling.
>>
>>17516534
Okay, thank you then. I appreciate your sincerity.
>>
>>17516534
>>17516544
Oh, and I'm wondering, why is deliberately hurting someone close to you considered a minor thing in your book?
>>
By good people, you mean the minority that we can call "Worth humans"? Or is it something moral related?
>>
>>17516552
If the middle and lower classes don't cooperate, it's going to be a fuck to death pile of shit that buys stupid, obvious bait products and eats its own insides. Everyone is too busy fucking their own mother to realize that we're moving into several dystopian novels at once.

Anyone who is cool with that, and cool with their part in that, is kind of a scumbag to me.
>>
>>17516561
Enjoy the ride or stop the train?
>>
>>17516485

you're actually just a weak and annoying person and people don't like to be around you, stop trying to rationalize it.

you care way too much about what other people think. just do what you want.
>>
>>17516551
dunno, why is choosing to be offended not considered one to you?
>>
Everyone makes multiple bad decisions. That is part of life and learning.

You've never caused another living thing any pain?

You hold people to standards you probably don't even follow.
>>
>>17516683
Then why do I have hos on rotation my nigga? You fuckin mad, is what it is.
>just do what you want
probably triggered by my post about immorality

>>17516678
Humanity is the ride. Detaching yourself from what is happening in the world is a convenience.

Enjoying the ride is fine I guess. At least it's not going out of the way to make things worse.

>>17516697

>>17516697
>>17516704
that's valid. I agree.
>>
>>17516787

u literally dumb
>>
>>17516791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvFPKujc5w
>>
https://youtu.be/N3Rvs7HxF6Q?t=18s
>>
>>17516787
Forgiveness and understanding that we are all just trying to learn how to deal with life in our own retarded way.

It makes it a lot easier to understand why the world is crazy.
>>
>>17516857
>>17516844
>edited
Right. I'm not saying the average person doesn't deserve to be happy. I'm saying they'd be happier if they didn't fuck each other over
>>
>>17516485
> is there any hope for people who are honestly 'good'? Is negotiating with the scumbag majority a necessity even when it comes to friends and lovers?

I don't think honestly good people need hope. Good people are content with their lives; they do the "right" thing because it's in their nature, not because they are hoping for some future reward. At least per my interpretation of "honestly good".

Do you think of your friends and lovers as scumbags? Why are they your friends and lovers? I don't quite understand the second question t b h
>>
>>17516485
alright miss god tier im an angel and i deserve god tier friends.
>>
>>17516885
>Good people are content with their lives; they do the "right" thing because it's in their nature, not because they are hoping for some future reward.

+1
>>
>>17516485
if this is serious question, you have to draw lines that apply to everyone. for example your bff calls you slutty but no offense, and youve known her for 10 yrs... are u gonna write that off? no. its all circumstantial.
>>
>>17516485
>17516566

I see what you did there.
>>
>>17516905
of course.

>>17516897
>>17516885
"good" people might want some company doing the "right" thing, and might feel bad after conflict rather than satiated or into it

>>17516892
That old saying, "I'll take a bla bla bla over a bla bla bla any day." Who cares how awesome someone is if they're T o X i C 666 edgesters who can't be relied on to be peaceful?

No, awesome friends are definitely not a necessity. Nice friends can be made a necessity, or so we would hope.
>>
Look at the people in this thread OP

They claim you overstate your own ability to judge others, while simultaneously making the assumptions
>You think in black and white terms
>you're not a good person
>you're actually just a weak and annoying person

This is the flaw with most people, including myself (who agrees with you that the average person is short sighted and self centered). We try to put ourselves in others positions, think about the decision we would make, and judge people for being wrong. If you have confidence that someone is behaving like a sociopath you need to make it known to them and be prepared to back it up. You are as much a part of a social human society as anyone else and your judgement will always be taken at least with a grain of consideration. Thats my advice.
>>
>>17517099
When that person you're complaining about is already attacking or using someone you care about, for instance, then it's time for judgement over compassion. Of course, this is not how an ideal world works, but we live in a world with finite resources and lots of vulnerability.

You're right, though. We're not the judge and the jury. The safest way to protest something is to peacefully speak on it, and I appreciate your insights about judgement.
>>
>>17516485
1/2

No one is good Op. I have been there, but by taking the moral high ground you have officially accomplished nothing. To forgive the scumbags, then you have to accept you are no better than the scumbags. I have hurt people in the past just as they have hurt me. Did I mean to do so yes, and no. You have to realize your own flaws and accept them before you can ever really love or care for anyone else.

I get you and I may be similar in a sense, but I also recognize your anger, and the desire to become isolated. I have been there, and my pride nearly destroyed me. You and I are not heroes or villains Op, we are simply human beings. If you and I want to make a genuine difference we have to work on changing ourselves, and letting go of the anger and resentment. We too are scumbags in our own ways. You know why people forgive Op? So they can be free. Free from the hurt, pain, resentment, and because they want to love without harboring ill will for themselves and others.
>>
>>17517305
2/2

I came from a very messed background, but that was just an excuse I sold myself. An excuse that landed me fighting all the way to juvenile, an excuse that allowed me to drop out of high school, an excuse that allowed me to have an eating disorder, an excuse that allowed me to hate people like my biological parents and abusers in general, an excuse that left me bitter when the only other person I ever loved and was intimate with besides my spouse of many years left me behind and moved on, an excuse that allowed me to hate the once best friend that developed feelings for my spouse, I clung to excuses that justified my anger to all that I viewed as wrong in this world.

I finally woke up though Op, and realized I am no better than the scum bags I loved to hate. Why, because by remaining in my pain, anger, and resentment I handed my will over to those memories to be controlled by them. When you grow up some more Op maybe you will realize it is not worth it. Life is too short to not be free, and seek out inner and outer peace. Though I may never be "good" I can control my reactions and actions to treat others the way I would want to be treated for my own peace of mind. Love and forgiveness has allowed me to become a better partner to my spouse, love and forgiveness allowed me get through college, and love and forgiveness have given me the peace of mind needed to handle life and it's many curve balls. Best of Luck.
>>
>>17517305
>>17517308
thank you very much for sharing. I'm genuinely glad you got through college and have your spouse. hopefully that will be me.
>>
My dilemma is that I agree with OP, but feel that I am exactly the same as he describes, with the only difference being that I am self aware of my selfishness and foolishness and pettiness.
>>
>>17517384
>implying
how could someone not be aware, while they are living in the consequences?
>>
>>17517372
No problem, just don't give up on yourself, and others. That is hard to do sometimes, but I agree with another poster that starts with becoming self aware. I rarely have the time to browse here anymore, but if this helped someone I am sincerely glad. Goodnight and best wishes to you anon.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.