[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /adv/icers from /adv/ Virgin grill here with a problem that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1471977138651.jpg (40KB, 400x317px) Image search: [Google]
1471977138651.jpg
40KB, 400x317px
So /adv/icers from /adv/
Virgin grill here with a problem that's about to kill me. So!
There's this guy, a guy that I used to like as a friend (more like an acquaintance really) yeah? Yes. I know he is not bf material at all (I don't think he likes me one bit either). He gets me nervous, we bicker a lot and he's childish and has huge red flags all over, anyway we are "friends".

The thing is I can't stop thinking about him.

What can I do? I am kinda obssesed with him and I know I don't like Like him. He gets me irritated and we could remain friends but my mind can't stop making me think about him 24/7!!!! What the fuck is wrong with me? How can I stop this?

He asked me to go out with him once but I told him I would be free in one week or so. He never asked again.
I'm not gf material either but I know he wouldn't be good for me (as much as a nice and good person I know he is)

What. The fuck.
Help me because I always see him on social circles we both frequent
>>
>>17516168

Stop being a teenager.

It will solve most of your problems.
Also, you like him, just admit it to yourself.
It'll take away most of the stress.
>>
What does it matter? It really doesn't sound like he's interested in you
>>
>>17516198
Yeah well of course I like him. I'm not saying I don't but I would like to know how to stop thinking every time he gets in my head.
I know I sound really stupid. It is a stupid situation but I'm autismo as fuck and don't dwell very well with my feelings at all.
>>
>>17516210
No. He isn't of course. I know that. I would just like to know how to get over thinking about him so much.
I don't know how to control my feelings I can barely talk at someone looking at them in the eye
>>
>>17516168
this is how me and my gf started out.... going strong even after bad shit, 2 yrs 5 months.
>i'm not gf material
that's because you choose not to
>i know he is not bf material at all
Everyone has the potential to be a good/great bf, even virgin neckbeards
>>
>>17516226
Well this doesn't help.
It gives me hope but I don't want to feel hope I just want to go back to be pure happy go groom your backyard autism
I know everyone is material I just meant we are not compatible at all
I feel really stupid. I want help on how to stop being a mess and being so immature
>>
File: 1471993881067.jpg (17KB, 370x372px) Image search: [Google]
1471993881067.jpg
17KB, 370x372px
>>17516239
Date other people for perspective. (And fun.)
>>
>>17516245
I never dated anyone before an I'm 22.

I can barely speak to men.
I also never kissed anyone, I'm not hideous and some men have showed interest in me but I don't care about dating I care about what can I do to stop the daydreaming.
I'm obviously autistic but what can I do for these feelings to get better?
>>
File: 1452322393707.jpg (53KB, 730x433px) Image search: [Google]
1452322393707.jpg
53KB, 730x433px
>>17516263
Gotta start sometime...
>>
>>17516269
Ok anon. Thank your for your input, I appreciate your time
>>
>>17516226
This plus
>>17516198
This.

Literally, you want to be with him. And "bf material" or "gf material" is something really retard to say if you are more than 20 years old. Everyone could be something if you make them be in your mind. Like everyone could be the opposite if you do the same thing.
>>
>>17516292
Well then what should I do if i just want to forget about him? I see him a lot and I'm really inexperienced in relationships hence the lack of endurance to not give attention to thoughts. Besides he doesn't like me.
Now I'm just sad because I know there aren't a lot of people like him ;_;
Fukc.
>>
>>17516303
are you sure he doesn't like you? I think he did, perhaps still does and why he asked you out but you put him off and likely put him down when you are around him. I think you should ask him out. Just remind him of the time he ask you and tell him you are available. I understand your mind is racing because its the first time you may be falling in love and it is scary as fuck. Ask him
>>
>>17516303
And now I'm close to hyperventilation because I can't handle feelings.
>>
>>17516322
But the whole point of this thread is not about me asking him out.

I just want advice on how to stop liking him. How do you guys usually deal?
>>
>>17516323
I don't think it's as bad between you two and you have made it to be. I do think you probably put him through a tough time because you do care about him and he is likely unsettled and cannot understand. Time for you to relax and stop fighting and fall.
>>
>>17516168
>it's a "Chad won't get out of my mind" episode
>>
>>17516330
You can't "stop like someone" lel. Or you manage to "hide" your feelings inside you or just embrace it and do that. Ask him out.

>>17516323
Sorry to hear that, but you need to experience this type of things and this feelings to handle it better in the future and so having healthy relationships.
>>
>>17516330
I know what you are asking and I'm telling you to stop fighting your feelings. Your mind cannot overrule your heart forever. I know its scary but leap. I also think he cares for you too and perhaps fell for you first and you know it and it scared you. Accept it
>>
>>17516337
no, it's not really that bad, I don't know how you can be so right, I mistreated him out of fear but now I kinda want to make up to him even if he doesn't like me I would like to be his friend. I could never ask him out though, I'm too afraid to do so.
thank you a lot anon, you are kind.

>>17516341
well yeah, you can't cure autism that easily heh
I guess I will get over it someday

>>17516345
ok, thank you, it really makes my heart at ease. I think I was really mean to him. luckily I have something that I said I was going to give him ages ago this weekend.
I'm actually a really caring person but when I get scared I just get stupidly defensive over nothing.
thank you anon
>>
>>17516363
perfect. give him the thing you promised, be kind like I know you really are and if you are really brave tell him you are sorry for being difficult at times and you do enjoy his company. Fight the urge to lash out defensively it doesn't sound like this guy is trying to hurt you.
>>
>>17516387
hey, you've been great help anon I wish I could give you a hug. thank you for answering to this long OP
he isn't a bad person, he is actually very kind, just childish. I will never lash out at him again and I will give my best to be my usual kind and caring self with him.

thank you!
>>
>>17516387
>be kind like i know you really are
That's some serious projection/wishful thinking, what the fuck you barely know anything about her...
>>
>>17516430
Like she said ironically, you can't cure autism that easily. You decided to enter into discussion to prove her point
>>
>>17516430
wrong. I can see. People here can project their fear, insecurities or bravado, all you have to do is ask the right questions and read their responses and you can tell those that are sincere. You could do it too anon as long as you have no motive other than to help someone honestly hurting.
>>
>>17516449
>being this gullible
You aren't helping anyone by giving them false hope.
You know shit about their lives and jumping to conclusions won't help anyone.
>>
>>17516470
and you are here then, only to tear people down, see your miserable kind too
>>
>>17516470
well anon, It did help me, and yeah I'm kind and caring when I'm not being autistic, is that so hard to believe?
>>
Hey anon, you said in a previous post that you couldn't ask him out because autismo. Why not just act more flirtatious around him including more physical contact? He will probably get the hint and ask you out again. Good luck :)
>>
>>17516476
Just because i disagree with you doesn't mean i'm here to tear people. Your condescence doesn't help me either.
>>17516477
Because many people don't know themselves well and shit happens because of it.
I'm not talking about you specifically but that anon is 100% sure that your friend is a good guy even though you said barely anything about him; can you see this going wrong in other situations?
All you did was act childish, needy and insecure in a jolly way and then you are sunddenly a good person and the guy is prince charming.
I have seen people get fucked because they believed someone was wishful thinking and gave bad advice because they wanted to believe something good was going to happen.
>>
>>17516168
>He gets me irritated
>my mind can't stop making me think about him

He's provoking an emotional response and as a result you're thinking about him. Since you're thinking about him so much, you're interpreting that as being attracted to him. And then panicking about that is compounding the irritation/thinking.

Just stop with that shit.

I think you might also want to consider whether or not you really want to be alone because apparently there is a part of your brain that disagrees with this.
>>
>>17516498
well I appreciate your concern but he's not a murderer nor am I one? we are not bad people at all, but I can see where you come from although this is more of a vanilla situation, isn't it? and yes I'm really immature, you are right about it but I'm trying to change that about me, I know it may put people off.

>>17516510
oh well i didn't think about that way at all, It could be that's what's happening but I'm certain I like him now, but don't worry! I will stop this shit.
and It's not like I want to be alone I just don't feel like this is the time to enter a relationship, being such an autist and such, I'd prefer to better myself a little bit first
>>
>>17516523
Always try to improve yourself.
Always be wary of the advice you receive.
That anon was giving you reinforcing words, with utter conviction, without ever meeting you; that is dangerous and so is the peer pressure in this thread telling you to do something. Ask for advice but make your own judgement.

The thing about many people not knowing themselves is very true.
For example, what the anon above told you; maybe it's not true but it never crossed your mind so, again, be wary because even you can misjudge yourself.

Oh and be wary not paranoid.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.