[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long Distance Relationships... Can they work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: kHRqdWs.gif (985KB, 500x219px) Image search: [Google]
kHRqdWs.gif
985KB, 500x219px
Yes? No?
Share experiences?
Tips?
Heartaches?
>>
Don't do it anon...

I fucked up.. I became attached and developed feelings for a girl across the sea. we really liked each other. We flirted a lot, skyped, talked lewd, and helped each other and motivated each other during hard times. But as time past and her life became busier. I think she began to move on. she started dating local guys again.

It eats me inside. I've never had a connection with a girl as beautiful and amazing as her. I know I never will ever again. It hurts a lot..
>>
>>17516138
My advice from personal experience: don't do it.

That being said, there needs to be a CLEAR timeline, a date in the future where you both plan to move close together and continue the relationship. It's your only chance.
>>
More Details* I'm currently in a relationship of 3 years and she is going away for university. Thoughts?
>>
>>17516138
mine was good What i did was worry about what im doing where im at and hope the other is ok. keep in contact dauly or every other day and make plans like playing a online game or phone calls or just plan friendly arguments to keep the other entertained but tapk about noving together but don't say it everyday cause that sounds like your too pussy to do it. just do what you can so your both financially good then move in together. the pain of not being together it hurts but it goes away if your trying to better yourself
>>
>>17516184
You need to break it off before you get too hung up on someone who isn't there anymore.
Remember Forest Gump? Persuing her will cause her to die and leave you stuck with a baby.
>>
>>17516184
It really depends on how far and how often you'll be able to see each other, plus how insecure both of you are
>>
>>17516218
3 years tho!?
>>
>>17516224
We would both probably worry etc, naturally with it being Uni , but we would hope to take turns visiting back and forth.
>>
Can they work? Yes. My then-girlfriend and I survived six years long-distance, and wasted no time getting married once the distance could close for good. Still happy together.

Are they a good idea? No. Don't do it. Among other things, if your feelings are not strong enough to ignore the advice that smart and well-intentioned people are giving you, kick reason to the curb, and go beyond the impossible, you will not make it. There will be times when the only thing keeping you together will be being too fucking stubborn to let a minor thing like the end of the world come between you. This only works if you acually ARE that stubborn.
>>
>>17516232
That really doesn't give me enough detail to advise you whether or not this will work out. Three years is a long time together and there's no point in advising you "just break up" if there's a chance that the relationship could still work
>>
I don't know what to do.

Knowing that you could've been together if it weren't for the distance hurts more than anything.

I seriously wish that I had never met her.
6 months have passed since I saw her last and not a single day has passed without her crossing my mind.
I've tried my best to fall for other women but they just don't interest me.

Love is a bitch, avoid it if you can.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.