[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problem with soda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 454564564.jpg (203KB, 966x1000px) Image search: [Google]
454564564.jpg
203KB, 966x1000px
What's the best way to stop drinking soda/sugary drinks entirely? I drink close to twelve Cokes a day, often more. I'll buy packs of 35+ sodas and drink it in a few days. This has been going on for the past few years. If I order a pizza I buy a 2 liter bottle for myself and drink it in one sitting. I drink soda so often that sometimes I'll go a week without having more than a few glasses of water.

I have no self control and if there's soda nearby in a store, at any time, I'll buy it, no matter what I'm doing. I feel terrible and feel like puking all the time but I can't stop, no matter how many times I've thrown out my drinks or made promises. What's the best way to stop this as soon as possible? I need something more than just getting rid of the soda I own.
>>
I mean unless you have someone following you around slapping the soda out of your hands you're just going to have get some discipline.

If you cant stop cold turkey start tapering your intake. Have one a day for a month, then one every other day. Better yet just switch to diet soda.
>>
I wasn't as bad as you but I drank 1-2 cokes every single day. I like having my fizzy gassy drinks with my meals. I stopped myself from buying soda by replacing it with a lemon type of mineral water that they sell here in mexico. It's like Sprite. From there, I went on to more healthy drinks. It takes time and you will basically get withdrawal and the urges but it works.

My mom still buys coke for the house but I don't even care when I see it.
I'll drink coke if I go to a restaurant or to eat outside but I don't have that insatiable urge for coke anymore.
>>
Taper off sodas for a few days and move to tea, sweet tea even if you want. You want to limit the amount of sugar you take in,not cut it all out of your diet. The fact that have low water intake is concerning. Kidney stones are ultra horrible! I know, I had a couple due to dehydration. Think about your teeth as well.
>>
>>17516118
enjoy your type 2 :)
>>
>>17516118
Just don't do it. Instead of asking for pop, ask for iced tea. Arnold palmers are good.
>>
>>17516118
It's very easy, you just have to train yourself to ignore the temptation of the cool, fizzy sensation of sugary nectar trickling over your tastebuds and swirling down your throat with each refreshing gulp... and the sudden burst of fulfillment and energy that jolts through your veins each time you swallow the tasty beverage.
>>
lightly flavored seltzer water
>>
with pizza: coca cola

with a burger: dr. pepper

on a hot summer day: sunkist
>>
>>17516118
I quit a very long time ago. I would drink 2-3 cans a day. I simply stopped cold turkey. At some point in the day you're going to get a head ache because of the caffeine withdrawal, get some tea. My best advice is to simply stop buying it.
>>
Just drink water, tea, and coffee.
>>
>>17516118
i guess your piss attracts ants now?
>>
1. don't buy coke
2. ???
3. profit
>>
File: ray-peat-final-food-choices.jpg (44KB, 800x622px) Image search: [Google]
ray-peat-final-food-choices.jpg
44KB, 800x622px
buy Mexican cola, its healthier
>>
>>17516118

>buy mentos
>constantly eat them
>if the craving starts, you'll either not drink or drink and puke like a fuck ton of foam
>>
>>17516118
lift weights and replace the soda with ice cold water, regular water fucking sucks but it tastes great with a fuckload of ice
>>
>>17516118
I googled diabetic foot ulcers a couple years ago after a buddy spent a month in the hospital with a bad one and haven't had a drop since. You might like the taste of sugary shit now but I'm sure you'd rather have two working legs later.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.