[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

posted this in /fit/ but posting here too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

My dad was a personal trainer for years, he is your stereotypical gym rat muscle man. As a child growing up, I never wanted to get jacked, because everyone told me I was going to follow in his foot steps. My dad is a great man, but I wanted to be my own person.

Now I'm 24 and I'm pathetically skinny. I live in an area with not that many hot chicks, and I realized that all of the guys that get hot chicks that they actually stick around for are jacked.

I have very few friends and they are all extremely beta. Like, to the point where I don't want to even be friends with some of them anymore because they are so beta. The point where I know someone who would think i'm offensive for trying to get jacked for being "too masculine". Needless to say, none of the few friends I have work out or go to the gym. Theyre either skinny like me or fat.

I don't have a workout partner. I have a friend who says he'll be my workout partner but hes a fat alcoholic and hes very unreliable and I dont want to see him every day anyways. I can't go work out with my dad who knows his shit, I dont live in the same area as him anymore.

Would it be a bad idea to start going to a personal trainer?
>>
>>17516049
Everything a personal trainer will be charged at a premium, and has a good chance at being wrong. The sticky on fit is just as good and free.

What you are really paying for in a PT is accountability and a cheerleader. If you need that to workout then go ahead but you should develop the discipline you need and eventually drop them.
>>
>>17516071
I'd only get one for a month to learn how to work out correctly, I'm afraid of not lifting correctly or having good form, etc
>>
>>17516101
That's a good reason. Make sure you do your own research on form as well because being a PT isnt a standardized field so they can vary from shit to great.
>>
>>17516110
Do I need a workout partner at the gym or am I going to look like a weirdo if I go alone?
>>
>>17516124
Pro tip: No one is worried about you at the gym as long as you aren't endangering yourself or others.

As far as partners go its great if you can find someone consistent. However, don't let them stop you from going just because they don't want to go.
>>
>>17516129
Thats a great tip, and makes alot of sense

Yeah, I have a partner lined up, but hes a tub of shit drunk like I said earlier, I can see him going maybe once or twice a week max with me. I plan on going 6 days a week, maybe 7 for yoga.

My dad was a natural bodybuilder, and he won a few state and national titles because of it. He was involved in the fitness industry for 30 years and owned his own gym at one point. He's an old man now, I think its time to live up to his name.

Thanks for the advice guys
>>
>>17516144
3 to 4 times a week with a days rest in between is plenty for lifting weights. Gotta give your muscles time to rest and heal. Do cardio and yoga on rest days.
>>
>>17516167
I was planning on rotating between doing legs and lifting and cardio for 6 days, than a 7th day for yoga, but i'll probably give my pops a call within the next week and see what he says.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.