[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I quit my fast food job for an entry level bank job? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Money.jpg (85KB, 793x496px) Image search: [Google]
Money.jpg
85KB, 793x496px
Should I quit my fast food job for an entry level bank job?
I have no knowledge on finances or dealing with large amounts of money. The idea of leaving my current job also scares me, as I tend to feel like I'm not up to the task of learning a new job without the rest of the staff thinking I'm incompetent.
It pays a lot better, and people at my current job have really begun to piss me off.
>>
Yes. It will help you grow as a person and not stay stagnant.
>>
File: lemoneyface.jpg (33KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
lemoneyface.jpg
33KB, 640x427px
>>17514635
Yeah senpai you should do it. Banks are the best form of retail in terms of pay and advancement opportunities (plus sane hours). If you have customer service experience you're definitely qualified, and if you're hired already the company thought so too.

>The idea of leaving my current job also scares me, as I tend to feel like I'm not up to the task of learning a new job without the rest of the staff thinking I'm incompetent.
Don't worry about that, everyone else there had to learn too.
>>
>>17514635
They're not going to put you in charge of millions as a beginner, so there is a limit to how much you can screw up. Chances are it is just another customer-service job just like in fast food - teller or greeter or whatever, and no harder to learn than 'Do you want fries with that?'
>>
>>17514635
They train you dude. That's why it's entry level. Go for it.

I went from working retail to a workers comp insurance company.
>>
>>17514635
theres more room for advancement, you see less fatties, you get to talk with people more (this kind of job is great for obtaining superb communication skills) AND you'll still probably make more than you're making right now
>>
>>17514635
you are up to the task of learning a new job. it's easy. at the beginning the rest of the staff will think you're incompetent, whether you are or aren't.
>>
>>17514635
I just left 4.5 years on the banking industry behind to do something new.

I was never a teller, which is what I assume you mean. You see, there are multiple types of banks that all operate differently.

What bank? Being a teller at Wells Fargo will make you want to slit your throat. Being a teller at a small, privately held community bank without sales goals will make you want to touch yourself with happiness compared to fast food. So the bank matters.

Also, where do you want to go with your life? If you have any inkling that you want to be in banking, go use the fucking Internet and read about what it's actually like. Summary: If you don't love banking, stay the fuck away because the mindless work at all levels will make you want to die.

Be very careful going into banking. If this is a "I'm going to try it for a year and then go back to school" OK. If you think this is going to be your "career" path... go read about it before you try it.

Also, what bank.
>>
Sorry, I posted this and had to leave for a good bit.

>>17515052
Teller at Huntington would be the position.

I don't have a desire for a future in banking, just a future thats not fast food, but Ive been at my food job for 5 years. I make a lot more than the average employee at those places. I'll be making more at the bank regardless though.
>>
>>17514635

Working at a bank is a helluva lot better than working some shitty fast food joint. Unless youre a(n) (assistant) manager, you better say good bye to your McJob.

You get better pay, better hours (none of that flexible Bullshit) better clients, better co-workers (cause they actually like their job) and working at a bank actually means something on your resume.
>>
>>17514635
Go for it. You probably get treated better.

>>17515323
>Ive been at my food job for 5 years
And you're still entry level? Damn, maybe it is time to pack it up there.
>>
>>17515613
I suppose you could say that.
I mean I make a fair amount above minimum and I've got every "crew" promotion you can get without going into management.
I've specifically made it a point to NOT go into management though despite being asked before if I wanted to.
I felt that if I went into a management position and was salaried, then I would get stuck and not really want to leave, as I've seen happen, and I don't have a desire to work fast food forever. Admittedly though, now I feel like I'm staying out of "comfort" and hours I enjoy combined with a fear of going to a new job with the possibility of failing.

I *know* I'm good here.
I don't know if I would be there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.