[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1451528341418.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451528341418.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
My girlfriend and I have been together for about a year - is it too early to move in together? We've been thinking about it recently, especially since it would make seeing each other easier as we've been long distance. I've seen some people move in together and just get stuck in a rut, which is what I definitely want to avoid. Anyone have good or bad experience with this?
>>
>>17514285
I'm speaking personally, but I've seen so many relationships fall apart be it romantic or friendships. Some people are meant for each other just not under the same roof. What I would try is keep your place but rooming with her 2 weeks to a month to see if it pans out if, you notice the relation starts to slide than go back and take mental notes of how it started to go wrong and if you can solve it later in the relationship.
>>
>>17514310

I can appreciate that method. We've spent weeks at a time with each other before and it's only ever gotten better, which is why we're feeling pretty good about it. But I've seen things go south too, so I want to be cautious
>>
>>17514317
I would keep trying it out. Have her stay two weeks or you stay two weeks or however you go about it. It's a big leap so make sure you're ready. Godspeed
>>
>>17514317
Like college dorms, if you can tolerate someone for 3 to 4 months then you might have something special. Not sure if you rent and want to keep the other place you wouldn't be using on reserve in case things go south. If it does go south you'll be glad it's there. Better to find someone that you can loan the place to if you don't use it for a long period if the place is really good.
>>
>>17514285
I had a similar scenario, my gf and i moved in together after a year and a couple months together. We knew we wanted to move in together, so we did a sort of trial where she kept her place but moved in to my place for 4-5 months. it worked out well so we weren't too worried about ditching our places and finding one together. Maybe try something similar, spend a stupid amount of time with her before hand. Enough to where you get annoyed with her or she gets annoyed with you, then see how you both react in that sort of sitch.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.