[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name that problémon!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (145KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
145KB, 352x352px
I either become defensive or hold temporary resentment towards people when they criticize me or suggest disagreement.

The most mild, innocuous comments set me off for a bit. What's weird is that I'm almost always confident in my opinions/choices and appreciate alternate perspectives.

What's wrong with me, /adv/?
>>
You want to be right, just like every other person.
>>
>>17513912
inb4 autism
>>
>>17513912
Where you raised by Narcassists?
>>
>>17513912
You subconsciously condsider an attack on your beliefs as an attack on you. Work with your ego, read up on that stuff.
>>
>>17513923
My mom and dad are both loving and the opposite of self-centered. However, I am an only child
>>17513932
Should I just google "how to work with my ego"?
>>
>>17513944
Google some books on this topic, it's beter than reading articles on google. Unfortunately, I can't advice you anything specific, but you'll find what you need on the Internet for sure, there is a shitload of books on it.
>>
>>17513953
Thanks. My mild/sometimes-spicy ego has been helpful most of the time, but now I look forward to finding balance. Have a good night
>>
>>17513959
hope you find it, good luck!
>>
>>17513932
partially this. the more you look like you are evoking negativity the more people around you will pick up on that energy.

>>17513912
also if you don't have a very "strong personality" or come off as very immature/clueless people will tend to try and walk over you. they would do this because you would come off as annoying and ignorant. if you are a super-extrovert, that might just be the problem instead.

>>17513959
if you are very quiet and are also prone to immediate verbal retaliations, people pick up on this.
>>
also might i add: if most of your interactions with these people are let's say at work or something where when you talk it's just a few seconds as you walk by ---- that is like a short-term interaction where it's just two people firing off thoughts. there is no lowered energy, centering of the self, and calculated conversing in this manner.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.