[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesnt my boyfriend want me to donate some of my eggs or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1438903258210.jpg (998KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438903258210.jpg
998KB, 1920x1080px
Why doesnt my boyfriend want me to donate some of my eggs or get my ovaries taken out? Donating my eggs would get me so much money, and he doesn't even want kids and I'd love to never have a period again, so whats the deal? He won't answer me directly when I ask, I really dont get it.
>>
>>17513640
hate it to break it to you sweetheart, but you are dating an asshole.
>>
>>17513666
satanic trips check'd

>>17513640
maybe he doesn't want kids now, but for some time in the future?
>>
>>17513666
He's really not an asshole. He's just not giving me a solid reason he doesn't want me to do these things. If it was anyone else, I'd just assume they were just on the fence about having kids and think they might change their minds later, but he is pretty solid about not having any.
>>
>>17513677
he is mad because he things he owns you and taking this kind of decision by your own aren't really in line with what he expects from a partner.
The reason why he doesn't give you a clear reason about this whole issue is because he knows there isn't any appropriate argument against it if he is so reluctant on having kids.
>>
>Why doesnt my boyfriend want me to donate some of my eggs
Could be as simple as jealousy.
>or get my ovaries taken out
That's an incredibly invasive procedure not to be taken lightly. Most doctors won't tie a woman's tubes unless they've given birth already and can convince the doctor they REALLY never want any more children. It has a much slower recovery time and requires general anesthetic (which always carries a slight risk of death with it) unlike a vasectomy which requires a local anesthetic. And yet it's MANY times less invasive than what you're suggesting you want for such a frivolous reason as putting an end to periods. Unless you have endometriosis or some other condition that makes your periods severely painful then there is no reason that trade off is even going to be considered by a qualified doctor. On top of that what if YOU want children some day?
>>
You'll most likely regret doing that later on.
If your bf is serious about the relationship, he will probably want a kid.
I've seen quite a bit of couples who were adamant about not having children for years. Now most of them are either planning to, or already have children
>>
>>17513689
This is either an American female (As someone who travels a lot, I can tell you American females, not all but many, have the most skewed expections that will never fall in lone with reality of any female out of the dozens of countries I've been to) or a nu-male/white knight. Either way, this is not a confident, responsible male, so this poster cannot answer for any male who they haven't even met.

Op, when it comes to reproduction and making concrete "all or nothing" decisions, males are very reluctant. Your options prove your worth. By making a decision about this, it changes the worth in your lives, and that's pretty scary when you don't feel confident about it being for better or for worse, so if things are fine the way they are, he wouldn't want anything to change in a way he can't take back. Maybe one day he wants kids - just not yet, or maybe he doesn't like the thought of you sharing your genetic code with other people, is a fair thing to expect when you love someone and want to be theirs. You want them to be yours as well. Not a domination thing, but an emotional connection thing.
>>
>>17513698

My mothers periods had gotten progressivly worse as she got older, and mine are getting there. I'm not really partial either way when it comes to kids, so I figure if he doesn't want them, why not get rid of the problem so we'd never have to worry about it again? I know doctors need good reasons for surgeries, but I don't understand why I cant just have my ovaries taken out if I didnt want them. I'd even donate them if it was possible, someone else needs them more than me.
>>
-doesn't want to see you make big and non-reversible decisions when you are still young
-doesn't want to feel like you are selling your body for money

I don't know anything about these procedures but I assume from the context of this discussion that they are pretty major. Can you sell eggs the same way sperm is sold? Maybe he just feels weird about it.
>>
>>17513717
Oh yeah and I'll add:

-maybe he doesn't want you make a huge decision based on his own personal preferences when he is still just your boyfriend. It's a big commitment and who knows what the future will hold.
>>
>>17513721
Donating eggs is a little more complicated than donating sperm and takes way more time, but pays 5,000 to 10,000 usd for just one egg. I'd be able to pay off my college pretty quickly.
>>
>>17513717
>I'm not really partial either way when it comes to kids
How old are you? Most women - whether or not you believe yourself to be among them - will change their minds the older they get. Whether or not you personally are among them you are going to have to convince a doctor to perform an irreversible operation on you when there is the high chance you will come to regret your decision. Many, many women do not want children when they are younger and would actively swear up and down that they never will. If doctors sterilized every woman who wanted this procedure there would be many regretful women. They refuse so flatly for most women because of this.
On top of that:
>I don't understand why I cant just have my ovaries taken out if I didnt want them
Because it is a correctly part of your body that impacts many aspects of your life, not just your ability to ovulate and subsequently menstruate. Taking it out is not done as readily or with as isolated effect as a cosmetic surgery might be. Doctors don't fuck around lightly with removing properly functioning things your body is healthier with just because you feel like it. A doctor's doesn't exist to let you dictate what medicine to give, what surgeries to perform, or what diagnoses to make. A doctor is qualified to make those decisions, the patient is not. You can make your wants known, of course, but rest assured when they tell you no, they have good reason.

If your periods are painful and you have a history of painful periods in your family, talk to your doctor directly about that. Address whatever the underlying issue is. Getting your ovaries taken out won't necessarily get rid of a medical condition which causes painful periods.
>>
>>17513640
You'd only get $5,000 or $10,000, that's not that much money

You get an increased risk of cancer, decreased bone density, and osteoporosis

You'll have children and you don't know where they are or how they're doing
>>
>>17513746
>Because it is a correctly part of your body
correctly working*
>>
>>17513752

that adds up when you donate multiple eggs. I was not aware of the physical effects, but thats only from the drugs injected right? Can you not do it with the natural ovulation?
>>
>>17513767
By the 6th time (the max limit) you're guaranteed scoliosis of the spin. Lots of donors have messed up spins. even donating once will lower your bone density irreversibly. You definitely want to do it for the right reasons, and pure financial need isn't one of them

> t. girl who froze her own eggs
>>
>>17513916
And neither is just because your boyfriend of the now doesn't want kids.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.