[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existanal Crisis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Recently I saw a pic of earth compared to the Sun, then the Sun compared to VY Canis Major (One of the largest known stars). Earth's radius is about 6,400 km and VY's is nearly 1 Trillion km. According to estimates, 12 QUADRILLION Earths can fit into VY. Supposedly we are like a grain of sand compared to Mt. Everest when we are as humans compared to Earth, so on VY Canis we would be close to or maybe even smaller than the Planck Length (Shortest measurable distance).How do I cope with this while in Uni?
Pic Related
>>
>>17513105

Life as we know it is just a 4d shadow left by whatever causes the phenomena of big bangs. You're a flatlander worrying about 3d space when you have no hope of participating. Enjoy what you get in life, and don't ask so many questions.
>>
Accept nihilism into your heart and realize that it's okay for your existence to be meaningless.
>>
I never understood this "we're just a insignificant grain of sand in the universe/we don't matter" crap

The universe might be insanely large but life is more rare than the rarest element, we're matter who one day said "fuck being dead" we're basically fighting the entire universe. We are significant.
>>
The universe doesn't care about you. But it also doesn't care about that time you fucked up. or that time you said something embarrassing. Or the time you did something selfish.

There's no innate purpose, or truth, or meaning. There is no great power controlling your life. So in the end, the most powerful force on your life is yourself. Your life has the truth and purpose and meaning you give to it.

On a related note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQXJmpwM4
>>
Why is being large all that matters?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade
You think these are any less impressive because of how small they are? You're tiny compared to things in the enormity of the universe, okay. So what? That's only one way to be relevant or interesting. Humans are pretty fucking impressive. As a species we've made amazing accomplishments and we have plenty other things interesting or noteworthy about us as far as living creatures go. Hell, on a universal scale the fact that we're living creatures at all is pretty damn impressive.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.