[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I've been ghosted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_static_ghost9.png (92KB, 1200x1188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_ghost9.png
92KB, 1200x1188px
So, my best friend of 9 years has fallen off the face of the planet, it seems. I haven't gotten a response via email or other messaging services. I don't have her Skype or phone number because she didn't sign up for Skype and we were online friends, so we were a little wary about just giving out info like phone numbers and addresses (we were teens when we met). I've tried to ask her other friends, who I had also made friends with, if something was wrong, but I could only get in contact with one, and she basically told me to fuck off and that I wasn't entitled to know about their lives, and to not message her (the friend, not best friend) again.
tl;dr if I have been ghosted, how do I get over it, especially when the person ghosting was my best friend and a significant portion of my life for 9 years?
>>
>>17510665
>my best friend of 9 years
>online friends
>no phone number and addresses

Shit. Get IRL friends, or get close to people with less serious trust issues.
>>
>>17510665
Why did you get this close to someone you never even met before? Are you a shut-in with no real life friends?
>>
>>17510665
>how do I get over it
well, just accept that we live in a society where those things are permitted and are pretty normal. Accept that humanity, especially women, are shit.
>>
>>17510677
>>17510715
I mean, I do have IRL friends now. I met her online in middle school, during a period when I actually didn't have friends. I was bullied a lot, and ended up, yeah, as a shut-in. It was the worst time of my life, and she helped bring me out of it and realize that life isn't all bad.
I got close to her because we ended up sharing a lot of the same interests.
I got more comfortable in High School and College and made some really good IRL friends that I still keep in touch with (you know, because I actually met them and there was a 0% chance that I was someone pretending to be someone else).
We were both brought up during that period of being wary of what you reveal online because of online predators and all that. I've got a general idea of where she lives in terms of city and state...
But yeah. She was the beacon of light in my darkest times. Hell, if I hadn't had the friendship with her that we made, I probably would have killed myself in middle school.
I know, I'm fucking pathetic for letting this happen.
>>
She probably got a bf and doesn't want to have anything to do with you anymore.
>>
>>17510775
A lot of people have online friends.
Three of my closest friends are online friends.
But I have several ways to contact them, I know their addresses, I have met them IRL, we spent prolonged periods of time together (travelled, I visited, they visited), I even know their families and partners.

It's weird to be so attached to someone enough to trust them with your deepest secrets, but not with your phone number.
>>
>>17510756
>>17510787
That's comforting.
To be honest, I really don't think that humanity is shit. People do good things for complete strangers all the time, people volunteer their time and sometimes organs and tissues for people they'll never meet. I really don't think that is a quality of a species that is garbage...
But, as you said, it's "permitted and pretty normal".. but why? If it is that way, as you say, why is it that way?
>>
>>17510799
I know it's weird. I trusted her with my phone number before, because I felt comfortable with her. I sent it to her in a message, but I didn't mind that she didn't give hers out. Believe me, I've wanted to meet up with her. I almost had the chance to do so back when I was 15 or 16, to go to a convention in her home state. The problem was that the notice came too late for the travel, and we didn't have the money at the time.
I mean, I'm 22 now, only about 2k in the bank, and on the other side of the country now. Hypothetically, I could drive to her state, but again, it'd be unlikely I'd find her.
>>
You wrote to her many many times, ball is in her court now. I know you feel upset, but don't push it. If she doesn't respond back, you'll need to move on. If she does reply, awesome.
>>
>>17510864
I guess... I mean, I know that at some point, I'll have to move on. I just don't know how. I'm sick of people in my life leaving or dying or anything like that. It feels like every time I get super close to someone, they leave or die. Family, friends, everyone. And you'd think that I should know how to move on in that case, considering how much it's happened, but I really don't.
I haven't written her a message in a while because I know it would be pushing it. The last one I wrote was in June, when I sent her a late birthday drawing...
Although, I am curious as to how know I wrote her many times, anon. If you don't mind me asking.
>>
>>17510910
Because that's what you said in your op?
>I haven't gotten a response via email
>or other messaging services.
>I've tried to ask her other friends... but I could only get in contact with one
>>
>>17510922
Wow, I'm fucking retarded. My head is swimming with so much shit lately I can't think straight sometimes. My bad.
>>
>>17510813
They do pretty things because do that sort of stuff make you feel good. Still, when you treat others like shit, you feel powerful, and that's what a lot of people want.
>>
Is OP still here?
>>
Op I'm in a similar situation, last Friday two of my very close online friends suddenly abandoned me and I'm fucked up by it
>>
>>17511589
Yeah, I'm still here... What's up?
>>17511607
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have any idea of maybe what might be happening? I mean, it's only been 3 days, so it is entirely possible that they left town on the weekend for a vacation, or maybe they just had a packed weekend. I would say give it about a week or so, make sure your phone is charged (if you have their numbers), and check your emails. Check your spam/junk folder just in case their responses might have vanished.
It's only been three days. I'm sure your friends haven't abandoned you in the way you're thinking.
>>
>>17511676

I'm both posts you responded to, neither one of them is on vacation. It hasn't been 3 days, this happened last Friday. I think I know one stupid reason this is happening but idk
>>
>>17511676
So one of them told me that they hate a certain ship, and if someone they knew liked it, they would legit abandon them. and the last thing one of them said to me, was "how do you feel about barrisoka" and I said that I didn't ship but liked the art of them as friends. After that, I realized they had removed me, and last night I found out they blocked me. Friday I tried to contact one of them on kik with my friend's account and my friend didn't tell me of any response. There is one more way I could, but it may not work
>>
>>17511676
I gotta go, I'll be back again
>>
Never mind I'm still here, OP. the whole thing has been torturing me for 10 days
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.