[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laziness or ADHD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: wryyyyyyy.jpg (108KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
wryyyyyyy.jpg
108KB, 640x635px
I can never seem to focus on anything.
Any tasks that are challenging end up frustrating me to the point where I'd never want to look back at it, while easy/monotonous tasks bore the shit out of me to the point where I sidetrack to keep myself awake. I've always tried the find your passion meme, wishing there was something I'd like doing for work. Recently looked into Adult ADHD, and I'm getting a mixed bag of whether it really is an issue or not. Am I just a really unmotivated lazy shell of a person or does ADHD actually have serious implications? Any insights from other anons who have dealt with this?
>>
>>17509184
It's worth talking to a doctor about.

If it's laziness, which it could very well be, the adderall/vyvanse shit will help anyways. If it's adhd, it will help...

In either case, a win-win.
>>
>>17509217
Thanks, I guess it's worth a try, Not so sure about loading myself up on adderall/concentration drugs though.
>>
File: fearsbroflowski.jpg (73KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
fearsbroflowski.jpg
73KB, 750x734px
>>17509184
I was labeled as "that smart lazy kid" all my life and until uni, was able to get through classes without studying. But that's where it stopped.
I fucked up 2 years of college, because in fact , i was the smart lazy kid and had never learned how to study, up till now. I just picked up more info than most other kids did and that somehow had saved me until now. I dropped out and worked for a year. Now i'm back in uni doing the same course that i did at first and it's working. I got diagnosed with ADD and dopamin defficiency. They give me ritalin and for the first time in my life i actually feel as if my brain "rewards" ( for the scientifically uninformed among you, dopamin is the "reward" hormone ) me for studying. It's weird to say this, but when i have to take these meds i feel like most motivated people around me + i got way more social. So yeah, i think you could say it is a thing. When you go from sitting in front of a paper for 4 hours straight while thinking of 100+ impossible scenarios and observing countless insects or other moving things that pass by while studying 1-2 lines to studying 7-11h a day i think you can say that it does in fact exist, and is "curable" by medication.
>>
File: heroes.jpg (247KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
247KB, 1440x900px
>>17509184
>>17509724
Also, note that it didn't just go from nothing to master student, i had to learn how to study, because if you suddenly feel hyped by everything you do it's pretty hard not to overdo it (f.i i had this course with 1300 slides and only learned the first 300 for the first try,and failed as you can imagine, because i had OVERfocused on these slides wich i knew every pixel of, while actually i should have learned that only 60-70% of what's on them is crucial and not every silly detail.) In other words if you never really had to work or study before, you will have to teach yourself.
>>
I'm in the same boat op. my boss who has add/adhd told me she feels like I have it judging my by mannerisms and how I take in things. I looked it up and as much as I hate self diagnosing I do feel like a lot of the symptoms match me.

told my mother and she's flipping shit because her child couldn't possibly have anything wrong with them. and because people in my area abuse aderail she hates it even more. I want to go to a doctor about it but if I do have to take meds I'm afraid of what she'll do.
>>
>>17509854
I meant to say adderall
>>
>>17509724
I am going through the same experience. Will seek medical advice to check if I have the same symptoms of yours.
Also, I believe you, when you say you needed to learn how to study. Method is extra important, in theory
>>
>>17509724
You sound just like me. Should I try get ritalin?
>>
>>17509903
not him, but I am p sure ritalin like adderall requires medical prescription, which can be given by your physician after some exams.
Checking with a professional surely wouldn't hurt
>>
File: chicken tail.png (413KB, 480x484px) Image search: [Google]
chicken tail.png
413KB, 480x484px
>>17509854
>>17509184
>>17509909
>>17509888
>>17509903
I had to do concentration tests and an IQ test at a psychologist before i was diagnosed with it, let alone got ritalin prescribed.
>>
File: haichi.jpg (8KB, 214x250px) Image search: [Google]
haichi.jpg
8KB, 214x250px
>>17509854
"If i have to take meds" I'm not saying that it isn't a dangerous drug, (talking about ritalin not aderall because that's the only one i've been prescribed) In my exam period i went from 80kg to 70kg because of the stress combined with it's appetite blocking effect. Also for some people(me included) it can really counter your sleep. I had the luck that my mother works for a child psychologist and she is the school example of ADHD (acts like she's on speed all the time.) I myself got diagnosed with ADD but in general the drug isn't dangerous as long you use it right. And no offense but your mother really sounds like the stereotype that heckles those adderall users or other drug (ab)users but downs antidepressants like they're candy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.