[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on being harassed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 275-MICHAEL-GOLD-HCN-REPORT.jpg (52KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
275-MICHAEL-GOLD-HCN-REPORT.jpg
52KB, 275x275px
Hi /adv/

I'm trying to deal with a scumbag who's harassed my family online. The short version of the story - he runs a "news" website in my hometown, and wrote that a family member is "getting like old yeller" and "maybe it's time to put him down." It's a pretty shitty thing to write.

I've reached out to all of his advertisers and asked them to pull ads. Is there anything else I can do?

Pic related, it's him.
>>
>>17508307
why does colonel sanders hate your family so much? you bad mouth his chicken? I mean it is shit but you musta went overboard.
>>
>>17508307
You should talk to a lawyer if you really want to do something about this.

Assuming you're in the USA, yes, there is case law supporting the right to privacy and to be free from harassment. If your family member is a public figure you're really not going to be able to do much about this, but if not, considering that he's running a for-profit website, you have a right to privacy and for him to not exploit you for gain without permission.
>>
>>17508307
The fuck do you care what a local blogger said about anything?
>>
>>17508307
Hmm, okay, what harmful/immoral/greedy/sleazy thing is your family member doing to attract such disdain?
It seems to be a "watchdog" type website.
Is your family member a "public servant" who has been serving themselves first? And for far too long?

http://watchdogwire.com/florida/author/michaelgold/
>>
>>17508307
Send him an email about how you want to fight in ur backyard.
>>
>>17508307
Just because someone is an irl troll doesn't mean that you need to feed them
>>
>>17508352
Pretty much this.

If the public at large has no considerable interest in your activities (public service, etc) then he is crossing the line. See: Hogan v. Gawker Media.

Source: lawyerrr
>>
>>17509492
Sorry, Bollea v. Gawker .. derp
>>
>>17508307
HIs surname is gold? That's a jew you're talking about. You know what to do.

>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.