[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been out of school now for 2 years. I'm 19 and turning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I have been out of school now for 2 years. I'm 19 and turning 20 this year. I'm struggling to get a job and been layed off several times. (4+ times). I feel like a complete loser.

My average GPA was 2.8. I'm terrible at math and have failed it every year since middle school and had struggled mightly in kindergarden. I barely passed geometry and got a D on Algebra 1. I'm going to say I have a mental block and I know most of you won't agree with me but I do. I tried my best to learn math but I just get losted and bored with doing it. I constantly try to keep myself awake while trying to learn it. I tried afterschool tutoring, I took 3 hour math classes a everyday, teachers explaining things to me 10 times over and over in different ways, and I still couldn't grasp the concepts. I constantly find myself saying "Why?" While doing the math and I try not to but it's become a habit. I pass my other classes just fine but math has been a serious burden and constant destroyer of my confidence. I've tried to ignore it but now it has become a disability to an extent. I've also noticed that other kids when they are taught a concept can easily synthesize the gist of it whereas I become completely lost. I think it might be because of they were taught the preconceptions better than I was and understood it better. I know y = mx plus b is for some shit on a graph but I don't know how to use it. And if you told me, I'd get lost quickly.

I have good memory too and it's higher than average for my age range. 86 percent above my age group to be exact.

I feel that if I do go to college I'm going to fail given my past academic record is bad, then lose my financial aid status, and then have to pay back what I owe. Any advice is welcomed, thank you.
>>
>>17507372
Bumpin
>>
>>17507372
Go to community college, take the minimum number of classes to be a student so you can devote your time to actually passing the classes

or join the military.
>>
>can't keep disciplined enough to keep a job
>it's because I don't know math

Anyway, do a major with the minimum math requirements (think 2 classes). You won't make much money because those are usually arts degrees, but it's not life ruining if you do better in your other classes. What I would look at more deeply is your ability to work and retain a job, because if you can't even hold a position for an extended period of time then you probably have underlying issues with following through on commitments, establishing priorities, or maintaining motivation.
>>
>>17507571
You're quite the judgemental dick aren't you. I never said I couldn't hold a job because of my math level I mentioned my math level because it pulls me away from college. All of the jobs I've been let go from were in customer service and telemarketing btw. Should have been more specific my fault.
>>
>>17507372
Work as a forklift driver/warehouse worker. Or get you TDL
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.