[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

started a new job three months ago >Starting to hate it, there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 333838392.jpg (8KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
333838392.jpg
8KB, 245x205px
started a new job three months ago
>Starting to hate it, there is one cunt I have to work along side now and again.
>Don't think I'll be able to handle it much longer
>Need to stay there at least six months to apply for a mortgage, once I get it I can leave

What should I do lads? Just suffer for another 3 or 4 months or cut my losses and get a new job now. It just means three months lost

Help me lads, I like you guys and I do think there's some good advice in there somewhere
>>
Bumping for answers as I'm desperate
>>
Grin and bear it and stay you silly cunt
>>
>>17507040
How though? I panic so much and high anxiety
>>
>>17506925
>Getting a mortgage to stay in an area where you hate your job

No, just, no.

Hint: Almost everyone hates their job, we just grit and bear and make it to the weekend.
>>
>>17507064
But this cunt makes it so awkward. He's making me panic and make mistakes.
>>
>>17507067
You control your work, there's no need to blame somebody else for you making mistakes.
>>
>>17507077
But he's above me and has a say in how things are done.

He changes his mind about things and is awkward as fuck.

He's just too difficult to work with.
>>
>>17507081
Then go above him, everyone has a boss.
>>
>>17507088
So not only have I got to be a conlustant, or a senior one, I have to suddenly become a manager of all of the consultants to make the next three months bearable.

Well done anon.
>>
>>17507100
>I don't want to take responsibility for my work and I don't want to put in any effort into solving problems.

Welcome to the real world, anon. Literally no one said you have to be all of those positions.
>>
>>17507107
I do my job fine, this guy is just a cunt. No one likes him.

I would have left already if I didn't want to apply for a mortgage.

This guy is the problem not me.

In before stop blaming other people. You probably are one those people who hate hearing that the customer is always right
>>
>>17507107
>No one said you have to be all of those positions

Are you retarded? I meant going up to that level instantly like you suggested.
>>
>>17507036
3 months compared to more months of a better life. I think it seems worth it OPanon. you don't get physical torture. you get money etc.
I'd stay. it's ONLY 3 months!

always remember: it's only temperary
>>
>>17507120
Yes, and that anon is saying go above him and complain to his boss to resolve the issue, but instead you're just making excuses.
>>
>>17507130
Yes I'll get that done by the end of the week, thanks

>>17507129
Thank you for actually advice anon
>>
>>17506925
>I want to stick with the job I'm starting to dislike, then I'll get into a financial arrangement and hedge my bets on liking another job more.
3 months to find someone you dislike is pretty good going, I've always found people I knew I wouldn't see eye to eye with within the first week of any job I've ever had.
But seriously why do you want to get a mortgage then gamble on finding another job that you like more?
Everyone dislikes an aspect of their job, be it the money, the people, or the work itself.
And you have found ONE person you don't like?
Sounds like a pretty good job if you ask me

I work with violent people, my colleagues mostly consist of people who are kept on because we are constantly short staffed (and they don't fit the basic fitness test that a 60yo man can pass) or they whine about the job non fucking stop, I only have a couple of colleagues I can count on, most left to work at nicer establishments or because they couldn't handle the shit conditions of the job, I work on a rotating shift pattern, an over night shift every fortnight and I don't get bank holidays off, meaning I spend xmas day away from my wife and kids if I'm working that day, but I stick at the job because I have a mortgage, my kids need new football boots every year and my wife has expensive taste in food, every day I go to this job I am literally at risk of being attacking, disfigured, disabled or killed, because of those I have to work with.
And you have found one person you don't like? I fucking envy you.
Get over yourself, cunt.
>>
>>17507200
I'm probably not as strong headed as you. You sound mentally though
>>
>>17507088
>Then go above him, everyone has a boss.
Don't do this.

When you go over your superior's head, you know who gets a phone call? Your superior.
And he will be told "Anon has complained about how you do your job", at which point life will be made difficult for you or you will be managed out because your job role will involve doing a lot more than you can manage.
Going over your bosses' head is an awful idea, do your job, do it well, if you do go elsewhere you get a decent reference.
>>
>>17507211
Yer this is why I didn't think it was great advice. This guy's a dick and has the attitude that he's always right.

If you complained about him he wouldn't listen at all
>>
>>17507211
No, he needs to do this. Just not in the method you're describing. He doesn't need to say "my boss isn't doing his job well". He needs to say, "I suggest we develop a better system of completing our projects as X has changed his mind on a lot of projects, what do you suggest?"

OP's boss doesn't sound like he's being a dick, he sounds inefficient.
>>
>>17507232
If he's a dick then you go to HR.
>>
>>17507209
>I'm probably not as strong headed as you
Seeing as one person can upset you enough to dislike your job, you are most likely right about that.
Would I be right in saying you were bullied in school? not you got ribbed for a bit (everyone does at some point) but actually bullied.
You need to get some backbone if that is the case, you aren't going to find somewhere that they wrap you in cotton wool and your mother will be there to check up on you, 10% of every group/company/social circle/place is dick heads, you are going to be preyed upon wherever you go, nothing will change that unless you get a backbone.
Join a physical activity club, if you can't get into martial arts or contact sports, do Judo, it will stop you from being so squeamish about being touched and it will give you some level of self confidence.
>>
>>17507060
Pills
>>
>>17507242
>He needs to say, "I suggest we develop a better system of completing our projects as X has changed his mind on a lot of projects, what do you suggest?"
Have you ever held a job in your life?
You have no reason to call your superior's boss about anything they do, it will be seen for what it is, going over their head, you don't second guess how your superior does things, they are the superior for a legitimate reason, unless you can prove that they can't do a key component of their job beyond all reasonable doubt, you are fucked.

>>17507247
>If he's a dick then you go to HR.
HR are there to protect the company's interests, not yours, unless the boss is sexually harassing you or calling you a "gay nigger", HR are not going to help.
If you have a problem with your boss, HR will tell the boss that an employee has complained about them (which is usually where the complaint ends), they will probably find out who from their superior (their superior or director will be informed of what is going on in their department) but be informed not to tell you that they know for obvious data protection reasons.
From that point forward, your life will be made difficult.

This is like arguing with students, everyone thinks they have a solid grasp of businesses and law, but really nobody knows their arse from their elbow, it is all "I figured that's how it works" or hearsay.
>>
>>17507248
I never got builled in school. I was actually mentally tough in school. When I left school the anxiety started for some reason
>>
>>17507305
>I never got builled in school. I was actually mentally tough in school. When I left school the anxiety started for some reason
I'd usually call bullshit, but now I'm intrigued.
Any ideas what caused your anxiety? people with any confidence rarely lose it after finishing school without something glaringly obvious happening, or are you just trying to save face for some anonymous people on the internet?
>>
>>17507325
I really don't know. I've become anxious and mentally week in troubling situations.

I also don't take well to judgement or getting mocked, even when it's just friends or family having a laugh. Take things to seriously and over think things.

This in addition To the work problem is a bad mix
>>
>>17507278
>Have you ever held a job in your life?

Believe it or not, but I'm actually a supervisor.

You have no reason to call your superior's boss about anything they do

You absolutely do, but only if you bring it to your boss first.

, it will be seen for what it is, going over their head, you don't second guess how your superior does things

Yes, you do. We improve ourselves because we question the process, we question how things are done, and we give input if we think we can improve the process.

They are the superior for a legitimate reason, unless you can prove that they can't do a key component of their job beyond all reasonable doubt, you are fucked.

Problems age like milk. If you have a problem, you don't wait and keep the issue to yourself, you get it resolved. A tense team is a bad team. Tensions will rise and people will get into arguments with each other, we're human. We're also here to work with one another so it's our best bet to resolve these issues.

>HR are there to protect the company's interests, not yours,

Absolutely.

unless the boss is sexually harassing you or calling you a "gay nigger", HR are not going to help.

Harassment is an issue which would definitely get the attention of HR (though OP honestly sounds like he's making excuses, and the problem is him, not his boss).

If you have a problem with your boss, HR will tell the boss that an employee has complained about them (which is usually where the complaint ends), they will probably find out who from their superior (their superior or director will be informed of what is going on in their department) but be informed not to tell you that they know for obvious data protection reasons.
From that point forward, your life will be made difficult.

Which any lawyer would love to absolve and take it to court if OP were to get fired/harassed from then on further.

>This is like arguing with students.

Oh the irony.
>>
>>17507391
I can tell you are full of shit, with the icing on the cake being that you tried claiming irony, when nothing was ironic about what I said.

I worked as an office manager before I started my current line of work, I did that for 6 years in 2 different (large) companies, I hired a lot of people and got rid of a lot of people.
OP is young and has very little life experience, regardless of your blind belief that the superior knows fuck all, the guy must know what he is doing as he has the job role.
Once you tell your boss "you aren't doing it right" you are making yourself known, once you call their superior it will get back to them.

What you clearly ignore is that companies can come up with a hundred excuses to get rid of you, they can put you on performance management, they can make your job role redundant or they can change the nature of your role, they can manipulate you into taking on more responsibilities that they know you can't manage, I know about these because I did it plenty of times.
When they are gotten rid of, they tend to get fuck all, because you get rid of these people when they first cause trouble (early on).
If OP with all 3 months of his experience at the company gets let go, he can call a solicitor and try and take it to court, but when the company (usually with the help of HR) points out that he couldn't keep up with his work load, that he was on performance management or the job role was no longer needed, OP will have to prove he was wronged, and a court is not going to believe someone crying that they lost their job when a company went through all the right steps to do it.
Here in the UK you are classed as a "worker" up until the 2 year mark, it is very easy to get rid of anyone before then, after that you pretty much have to take the performance management route, which is how you get rid of anyone who plays the discrimination card.

Lawyers can only help you if you have proof, they only love to help when there is money to be made.
>>
>>17507460

> I can tell you are full of shit

This is going to be a well thought out. respectful response.

>OP is young and has very little life experience, regardless of your blind belief that the superior knows fuck all, the guy must know what he is doing as he has the job role.

I never said he didn't know what he was doing. Please re-read what I wrote.

>Once you tell your boss "you aren't doing it right" you are making yourself known, once you call their superior it will get back to them.

I never said do that either. I suggested taking the issue to his supervisor first.

>What you clearly ignore is that companies can come up with a hundred excuses to get rid of you, they can put you on performance management, they can make your job role redundant or they can change the nature of your role, they can manipulate you into taking on more responsibilities that they know you can't manage, I know about these because I did it plenty of times.

Yes, again, if you re-read what I wrote I explicitly agreed that HR is in it for the company's benefit, not the individual worker.

>If OP with all 3 months of his experience at the company gets let go, he can call a solicitor and try and take it to court, but when the company (usually with the help of HR) points out that he couldn't keep up with his work load, that he was on performance management or the job role was no longer needed, OP will have to prove he was wronged, and a court is not going to believe someone crying that they lost their job when a company went through all the right steps to do it.

Which is why I literally said he needs to take issues to his boss first because a tense team is a bad team. I said earlier I really don't think the problem is OP's boss, but OP. That's why I suggested he talk with the boss about how items get done if OP thinks he can improve the process (AKA make the company more money which makes everyone look better, including his boss).

Thanks.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.