[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxious about studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Guts_c7080c_5562903.jpg (82KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
Guts_c7080c_5562903.jpg
82KB, 550x413px
Past 3 years I was following a maritime study and once I got to my internship I realised I absolutely hated the lifestyle and it made me very unhappy. So I decided to quit and start over at age 22.

Now I will start an IT study, it starts tomorrow and I am very anxious. All kinds of questions arrive in my mind. What if I don't like the study, or the work later, what are the people like, etc.

I guess I feel anxious about a lot of things and I keep trying to flee and move my mind to other fields, even though I am naturally drawn to IT. I just don't want to be seen as the nerd either I suppose.

What to do? Another four years of study seem so long..
>>
>>17506592

Commit. This is it. This is your second chance. You are unlikely to get a third.
>>
>>17506592
>I just don't want to be seen as the nerd either I suppose.

Bill Gates probably got mad pussy and was laughing all the way to the bank at anyone who called him a nerd
>>
File: ferrari.jpg (54KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
ferrari.jpg
54KB, 620x350px
>>17506623

>Bill Gates was arrested for speeding in Albuquerque. He frequently was caught speeding in his Porsche 911. That day he was driving along with Paul Allen. The bail was set at a thousand dollars. Bill Gates, although only 21, was very successful in his early years at Microsoft, and was immediately able to post bail from his wallet full of cash.

His mommy got him mad connections though.
>>
File: BsApbFwIUAA81Ct.jpg (44KB, 599x398px) Image search: [Google]
BsApbFwIUAA81Ct.jpg
44KB, 599x398px
>>17506630
>Porsche
>Not Ferrari

Mommy Gates should have told him the real pussy magnet
>>
>>17506615
I guess you're right man, and I don't want to work a shit job.

What if I end up not liking the field though.
>>
>>17506690
>>17506690

IT is a broad field. Theirs thousands of different titles and positions to choose. Some focus on more technical while others are more soft skills.

Just get your degree man. That will open up so many doors. I'm 26, semester away from graduating, and every day I kick myself about not finishing sooner.
>>
>>17506703

liking your job is a myth, unless you are a CEO or exceptional at what you do, i.e. started in a relevant field as a kid and had the pre-reqs for it.
>>
>>17506712
Oh I know, but at the end of the day you gotta make that money. I hate working but its a means to an end. Early Retirement.
>>
>>17506722
It sure feels like life is all about that huh? I want to travel the world before I turn 30. I hope that is possible. I always thought that my life would be adventurous, sort of like the book 'the alchemist'. But the reality is that 99.9999% of people will work till they are 65. It's just depressing you know?

>>17506703
Thanks man, you are right. I'll be starting a more technical study, but I guess I can go any way. How comes u are so late as well, with getting a degree?
>>
>>17506975
I thought you wouldn't need much money to be happy. I worked some good jobs but I wasn't making the money I needed to achieve my dreams of traveling and retiring early. Also I was partying and doing drugs instead so I dropped out. Don't get me wrong I had fun but I knew I was spinning my wheels going no where.
>>
>>17506990
Do you have your degree now?

I had a period of drug usage as well, and extended periods of weed abuse. I quit that however. Now I am tackling excessive masturbation.
>>
>>17507011
Nah I'm a semester away from graduating with a four year degree in Management Information Systems. Still smoke weed though but only after I handle my shit, keeps me drinking. I've kept up all As since I've been back.
>>
>>17507033
Keeps me from* drinking
>>
>>17507033
Ah right, so you're the 26 years guy.

I find that weed makes me tired and I have more trouble sleeping. Do you do it on weekends only, after schoolwork? Or weekdays too?
>>
>>17507063
>>17507063
Almost everyday. But I don't smoke alone, I leave my stuff at my friends place. That way I get my stuff done and if I feel like it I'll go over and hang out. I feel much better smoking once I'm done being productive for the day.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.