[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

comp networking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1338557912073.jpg (54KB, 483x345px) Image search: [Google]
1338557912073.jpg
54KB, 483x345px
i know there are jobs in computer networking but im still wondering if pursuing a career in networking is a good idea. ive heard that there is a lot of outsourcing in IT and dont want to waste a bunch of time getting a diploma only to find out the jobs are in africa.

does anyone have any experience with this?
>>
There is a lot of outsourcing in IT. I live in Romania and the field is booming here to the point where employees are hiring even people without any kind of degree or experience as long as they can write 50 lines of code. This doesn't mean you won't find IT jobs in your country, the field is still growing everywhere, but there may not be as many as you'd like. I heard in the West the demand for workforce is lower than the supply in IT, don't know how accurate it is.

This being said you should go for a degree in this field only if you like it. If you don't you'll hate studying, you'll do only bad or average in uni and you won't be good enough to get hired on a decent position.
>>
>>17506580
i enjoy working with computers but all i really want out of it is a stable job with decent pay and daytime hours really
>>
>>17506637
Well it's a decent field for that. You should try to learn what it entitles and be sure you won't hate it before making any big decisions though, I wasted 4 years of my life because I haven't done that (different field though).

You should also consider looking into actuarial sciences and mathematics, they're amazing fields considering your desires.
>>
>>17506290
Some companies try to be cheap, but places that look for good people are willing to pay big for the right person.
>>
>>17506671
i just finished a 4 year degree in bio and am considering this because i liked computers way more than bio but got wrecked by the math involved in CS

im just hoping a 2 year diploma in networking will be enough to get me a decent paying job
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.