[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting part time retail without notice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
I've got this retail job that I really can't take anymore. It's too physically and emotionally demanding and it's really wearing on me. I start school soon and I can't do both at the same time. Would it be in poor form to quit without notice? I've been there not even two months and I only work weekends as it is
>>
(I'm OP)
Also pretty much every time I've shown up the past several weeks I've felt horrifically depressed, bordering on suicidal
>>
>>17504591
>I start school soon and I can't do both at the same time.
Of course you can.
>>
>>17504591

if wokring retail for two weeks leaves you thinking you will kill yourself, then please kill yourself.

>is it poor of me

yes. saying 'UGH BUT IM SO SPECIAL THAT I CANT STAND IT' does not make it less poor of you, it just makes oyu seem whiny on top of wanting to quit.

quit anyways though, who gives a fuck
>>
Extremely poor form and damaging to your future, m8.
Here in Australia, you get a separation certificate if you're planning on getting gov't assistance so you need to leave legitimately. Also, you want your first job to give you a reference. What're they gonna say if you just walk out?

If you really can't do school and work (which you will eventually need to do anyway) then please leave correctly so that your future remains intact.
>>
>>17504623
Not my first job, and I live in an at will state meaning they can fire me and I can quit with no notice.
>>
>>17504626
Also I'm doing an internship on top of school and work which puts me at 50 hours a week before working
>>
>>17504630
Are you stupid, or just making excuses? Why would you get a job if you KNEW you 'wouldn't have time'?
>>
>>17504632
Summer job genius. Didn't have the internship until recently. Overestimated my abilities
>>
>>17504640
>I lack the ability to think more than two days' in advance
>>
I've quit a job without notice and it didn't effect me in the negative at all.

Obviously, I just don't mention it ever and don't use them as a reference.
>>
You'll have to bear in mind that it's really hard to find a new job or get Centrelink payments of any sort when you're able bodied with no kids. Why not cut your hours down or go on leave?
>>
>>17504591
i work at a restaurant and the single worst thing someone can do is quit without leave/before your 2 weeks are up
you can kiss any work references you want from there goodbye, but its really only a retail job so it wont matter much if you have other references
>>
>>17504591
Personally, I gave two weeks at McDonald's because that's who I am. But realistically, two weeks notice only matters if it's a serious job.

It's poor form, in that it potentially fucks over your former coworkers, but unless you plan on ever seeing them again, who cares what they think?
>>
>>17504591
Why not just give notice? What's the downside?
>>
>>17504591
Just say "I'm starting school next month so I have to quit now. Thanks for the opportunity.
"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.