[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OkCupid bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: okc.jpg (18KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
okc.jpg
18KB, 512x512px
Need a second opinion on my profile. I feel like I might be trying too hard to be appealing to as many types of women as possible, but it might not matter since being into video games is an automatic turn off for most women. Am I being too honest? Do I sound arrogant? Do I sound desperate? I know I need pictures of me not being in a basement, but I haven't had the opportunity.

https://www.okcupid.com/profile/Empyrrean

Also, OkCupid thread I guess, if anyone else wants to share their profile for advice.
>>
>>17504444

>quads of 4

seriously htough, i dont have a profile so if you want more than your text rated, post your full pics in this thread too so i can give advice on that.
>>
File: 17275734227608193259.jpg (62KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
17275734227608193259.jpg
62KB, 450x800px
>>17504453
Hello there, my name is Greg. I'm a simple creature with simple needs. I spend my free time playing video games (I'm not an addict), watching the occasional show or movie, or just screwing around on the internet laughing at dank memes. I mostly play PC games and I built my own machine. I'm witty and sarcastic and have a dry sense of humor. I like to make unironically bad puns and references when the opportunity presents itself, after which you are free to either pretend to laugh or glare at me in disappointment. I'm very blunt and honest, so I'm never going to sugarcoat something that needs an honest opinion. I try to be as self-aware as possible and I'm not afraid to acknowledge my flaws. I'm a great listener and I love hearing people's problems and giving advice.

If there's anything more you'd like to know, don't be afraid to send me a message. I have vastly different views on the world from the average person, so hopefully talking with me will be a breath of fresh air for you.
>>
>>17504475

i dont think your main profile picture shoudl be one hwere you're 'making a face'. you want to come off as attractive as possible.

im aware you're not going for hot los angeles party girls or whatever here, but oyu still want to put your best food forward. funny faces can be saved if theres other photo options, but your main pic should be your most attractive self.

for more general in life stuff, id recommend growing your hair out a bit, looks really oddi n this photo. contacts go a long way, but they are not for everyone, and i think you can do alright with glasses on for what you seem to be aiming for.

id still take down certain references like 'dank memes' and while we get you love video games and likely want a girl who will do her own thing or play games as well, you might want to hint at something a little more. cuz right now im imagining my life with you and its just me sititng bored on facebook while you play video games/.
>>
>>17504475
As the other person said. Your picture should be of your best self. Best outfit, best fit. Etc. Don't take a picture making a face, don't take a picture with no shoes in that outfit, jeans with that dirt/fade. Go to /fa/ or mfa (sponsoring reddit here because youll get eaten alive at /fa/)

that description needs a revamp. ill let a girl do that for you.. I'm cringing. I'm sorry :(
>>
>>17504514

i wouldnt go so far as to say you need to go to /fa/ just to take a profile picture. there is a difference between 'your best self' and a blatant lie.

im not sure where OP is from, but if i had to guess hes in a bit of a 'flyover' town. his house and look reminds me of what a lot of what oyu see in small towns across america and girls arent expecting anythign outside of that.

id agree to get some shoes on in the photo, cuz it just looks weird here, but what you see in this photo is pretty common.

still, goign outside might make you seem more approachable OP.

>profile revamp

a little bit sure, but hes not going for super hot party chicks. hes just looking for a borderline NEET girl from what i can tell, just some average not so exciting girl who just wants to watch netflix and eat.
>>
>tfw you like 10 different girls on okcupid
>tfw you have been stalking some of them for months
>tfw you don't have the courage to message any of them because you are afraid to be rejected
>tfw you use a fake account because you don't feel like logging into your real account
>>
>>17504526
I'm not saying he has to be /fa/ but uhm that picture is not what he should do, he shouldn't be someone he isn't but I mean to me personally he needs to revamp it. if enough girls on here can say he doesn't then he shouldn't. bt idk justmy 2cents.

also I think if he improved his profile he could aim better for what he wants. I never said he has to go for 'super hot party chicks'. I don't either. I'm talking about sweet normal girls.
>>
>>17504543

>he shouldn't be someone he isnt
>but he should go to a website to create an entirely new look so that he can take a picture

thats what that is though mate. being someone he isnt. agreed the photos bleh, but for your basic country town theres nothing wrong with the way he is dressed, he just needs shoes.

agreed on the face of course, and god help his haircut.

>i think if he improvedi hs profile he coudl iam better for what he wants

agreed, but goign out of your way to learn about fashion in a podunk town is really going out of your way.

he doesnt look like he wants a sweet normal girl if he talks of dank memes and has nothing but video games for a hobby. granted he should aim a little higher, but it sounds to me like he wants a not so out goign chick who just wants to watch netflix and eat cheese its.

maybe im assuming too muc tho
>>
Thanks for the advice so far. I've got an idea of what to improve on now.

Yes I live in a nowhere town known as Inwood. It's in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, so about 2 hours from DC. I realize my options are extremely limited here, so I want to be as appealing as possible, at least to fellow homebody types.
>>
File: dank.jpg (360KB, 1836x1584px) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
360KB, 1836x1584px
A better look at my shitty haircut.
>>
>You should message me if you think I'm... just devilishly handsome.
Why is always the completely average guys who say shit like this?
>>
>>17504557
I guess, to each their own. op do what you want
I should correct some things, I don't think he should go out of his way to learn about fashion in some weird way if he doesn't want to, but a basic nice looking picture would help and its somewhere to start. unfortunately these websites are based upon pictures and that's the way she goes op. don't not be you, but I mean obviously you want be the best you.

I agree he might not want a girl higher than that, but I just figured id offer a different approach. My guess.. he isn't getting a lot of responses. I could be wrong
we don't know his motive, if its getting laid vs getting a s/o obviously It would be totally different.
>>
>>17504574

you look like mcjuggernuggets without any of hte muscle, which is to say, bad. but if you took off your glasses and just styled your hair, you'd look legitimately good i think. shaved too i think. but thats easy to go back and forth with.

but if you took off your glasses and styled your hair, you'd be reasonably attractive man
>>
>>17504575
To be fair, that's supposed to be a joke. Obviously I don't think I'm hot shit or anything.
>>
>>17504584
I know it's supposed to be a joke, but it's not even remotely funny. It's like how people say "how's the weather up there?" to tall people or something.
>>
>>17504576
also ima add to this, OP you can choose whatever advise you want/mix some together.
Heres my advise.

- Low fade haircut
- Shave
- New glasses, go to a place and ask for advise, get a few options, choose what you like
- Get a pair of straight cut jeans ones that fit. 514 Levi are good, they will fit you better.
- Wear a pair of shoes in the pic. Whatever you want, you look like a boots person. Maybe try that.
- Get a slim fit flannel or more of a form fitting shirt

(1/2)
>>
Your profile is kinda wordy, Started skimming half way through.
explaining how your a normal dude has the opposite psychological effect.
You come off as kinda nerdy boring and self sufficient.

it's probably not your fault,
online dating is unpredictable and as a male you have very little agency.
>>
>>17504575

When people who have no charisma try to be "flirty and fun" it turns into a train wreck.
>>
>>17504444
I literally made an OKC account last night and deleted it today because I found a qt

I didnt even fill the profile out, I just messaged her without a profile picture kek
>>
>pictures alone in your basement
Women want a guy who is social and leaves the house

>shave that thing on your face
You can't make facial hair work

>wear some nice clothes
A t-shirt and plain jeans is a huge turn off

>boring generic profile
Your profile reads like almost every guy

I'm not trying to be mean OP, but almost everything about your profile sucks.
>>
Be passionate about something, jeez. You sound like you don't care about anything. You're into video games, but you don't SOUND into video games. You're good with computers, but you don't act like that means anything to you. Tell, don't show. Otherwise people read your profile and come across not knowing a goddamn thing about you or having anything to talk about. Have opinions, have thoughts. Show your humor and personality in what you write.

Here, try and imagine this as an example of what not to do vs. what to do:
I'm Anna, I enjoy cooking and reading. When I'm not doing that I like to take walks. I work as a teacher and I really enjoy my job.
Hi, I'm Melody! I've wanted to be a cook from a young age, and while that never panned out (I'm a teacher now) I'm an avid baker in my spare time - I make a mean pumpkin pie. I also love reading, my favorite authors are [x], [y], and [z], and I just couldn't live without [book]. When [plot point that might spark discussion here] happened I was moved to tears! When I'm not curled up with a good book or working on my debut on Top Chef I'm out walking. I find it helps me clear my head, and nothing's more relaxing than watching the animals go by and enjoying the breeze while you sit in a park.

Assuming Anna and Meoldy are equally attractive, which one of them are you writing a message to? Also, like other people said, try to talk about some hobbies or interests you have that get you out of the house. And take pictures of that nature. Socializing and doing things is important. But false advertising is bad.
>>
>>17505096
>boring generic profile
>Your profile reads like almost every guy

God dammit, I wanted to avoid that. I really can't think of a way to make myself sound unique without sounding like I'm trying too hard and being wordy.
>>
>>17505123
Your profile says you play video games and into computers. That's fine but don't mention, it's boring and a turn off for a lot of women. I would just get rid of it. The "Hi my name is Greg" is also boring and generic.

Everything about your profile is just plain. You're not a bad person but there's nothing that would make a woman want to find out more about you.

When I started an okcupid profile I had a profile just like yours. I wasn't getting anything until I learned how to develop the profile women will respond.

But to be honest OP, you're not good looking or even remotely interesting enough to have success with online dating. Women are so fickle and their standards so high the effort wasn't worth it. You are much better off meeting people in person.
>>
>Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food

This is the most wordy section of your profile and the most useless. Starting a conversation on movies or food quickly goes nowhere. You're better off just not writing anything there
>>
>>17505123
That's probably because you're not really that unique. That wasn't meant to be snarky or anything, it's just a fact. You're a white guy who likes pop culture, food and video games and doesn't really know what he wants to do in life and thinks he's different from other guys. Guys like you are a diamond dozen
>>
File: 1415252286903.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1415252286903.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>17505188
Soul crushing... I guess my only redeeming quality is my kindness. My ex desperately wants me back because of it, but I had to break up with her for... various reasons.
>>
>>17505213
I didn't mean for that to be soul crushing.

In all honesty, if I met you irl I'd get to know you and may consider dating you if I liked you from our interactions. But online, I don't know if I'd look in your direction twice because your profile's so, well, boring. Reading what you have to say about yourself and seeing what you're like in person are two completely different things, and I'd take the latter over the former any day.
>>
>online dating

Something that never got me anywhere. I eventually realized that I'd not likely develop any skills with women and just let my pursuits go. I keep to myself now and just try to work on life. Maybe someone will come along or the world's smallets violin will play as I die bitter and alone.

As far as I can tell, you may attract just a few interested women. Some of which will likely be fake profiles. The only real one will be owned by a very ugly woman who is desperate and clueless.
>>
Anon, now you sound depressed and insecure. Your profile can have a bit of cynicism and self-depreciating humor to it, but you need to have confidence and sound passionate to provide balance.
>>
>>17505170
>>17505250
This op.
You look handsome and cool op. There is nothing bad with your style excepted your feet, cut the bottom of this pic, no one go bare feet on linoleum!

Your face look confident, but you are so insecure in your text.... !!! No one will ever answer to you, unless they want to manipulate you

Just take the positive. No one cares about what you are not, what you don't want and what you are not sure about.

You have probably a lot of qualities that are seen as negative, just because some people say so...i have a lazy friend who likes video games never got a cool job: his hobby is photography, lives now outside the city, has 2 dogs, a motorbike, and his gf is sexy and an amazing smartass. This is eventually what yoy get when you stop being insecure...
>>
>trying too hard to be appealing to as many types of women as possible
It seems more like you're not trying to appeal to anyone.

My impression from reading your profile (of course I'm going to be harsh here.)
>crushing bore
Honestly I was ready to drop it there, but since I want to give you advice I continued. Keep in mind a lot of women probably won't and will drop you based on your pictures already. (Inb4 "I don't eve want to appeal to THOSE shallow women.")
>shoot me a message
That's not how online dating works (for men.)

>I have vastly different views
What are they? One rule of online dating profiles is, don't talk about what you are, proof that you are.
>unpopular opinions
Racist, Trump-supporter? See where I'm going with this?

>Ask me about my political beliefs!
Again, women aren't going to message you first and they'll expect you to carry the conversation! Plus political beliefs is really the last thing you want to bring up.

>dead end job
You have a shit job and you're trying to compensate by mentioning you salary. That's not gonna cut it.

>I'm really good at: being antisocial
Ok.

>my sense of humour
Again, proof it, don't talk about it. There was nothing funny about your profile so far.

>how sad it is I won't be alive by the time humans develop technology to explore it...
That's just cringe. Don't talk about negatives or you'll be perceived as a negative person.

>On a typical friday night I am boring.
Ok.

>Message me if you want a suck up but I'm not a suck up I swear!
Ok.

Like I said i'm overly harsh, but can only recommend you to look at a lot of other mens (!) profiles and then you'll realize your profile isn't clever and doesn't stand out. And guess what, none of the others with similar profiles are getting messages either.
Self deprecating humour is a terrible idea to sell yourself. I can't look at your pictures but your first thumbnail doesn't look attractive either. So what exactly is your selling point?
>>
>>17504475
>>17504574
Those are terrible pictures for online dating. Why didn't you first google how to make a good profile before letting people spoonfeed you here?

As for your profile: less is more. People browse from their phones. No one's gonna read all that shit.
>>
>>17505359
Shit ok ok, I'll try to rework the whole thing tomorrow.
>>17505363
Because 4chan would be the most brutally honest with me.
>>
Is it even worth bothering with OKCupid and other dating sites as a guy when there's so many more men than women on there and actually attractive and interesting women are rarer than hen's teeth? Shouldn't we spend our time looking in other ways that don't put us at a huge numerical disadvantage?
>>
I think "fixing computers and figuring out how things work" is great. I'd take "not dying" out of the things you do well. Better to keep profiles as light-hearted as possible, and someone might think that is weird.
>>
>You should message me if
You want an intellectually stimulating conversation.
>I've got interesting opinions on many topics.

Oh honey.
>>
>>17504444
You've gotta be fucking kidding me. I'm a male and a total social retard and even I wouldn't think of having a profile pic of me shrugging.

>I can't really describe myself in words alone. I believe the best way to get to know someone is through interaction, so I'll save the details for messaging.
Because nothing gets a woman wet like finding out that you're creep AFTER contacting you, amirite? Just say something about yourself, dipshit.

>What I’m doing with my life
>I work for a government contractor, I can't really say much more than that because it's classified.
No one gives a shit what your boss thinks of you, so say what you're doing with YOUR life, FOR your life. Ergo, what are your personal aspirations? What do you seek in life? That's what you have to say, not that you work for the fucking govt.

>good at not dying.
And this is supposed to set you apart? Don't try to be witty, women look for partners on okCupid, not stand-up comedians. Say stuff you're genuinely proud of or good at.

>I spend a lot of time thinking about: How incomprehensibly big the universe is, and how cool it would be to land on another planet and study its landscape.

If this is who you are there's no helping it. I doubt many women want someone who's head is in the clouds. Here and now, motherfucker!

>On a typical Friday night I am:Working.
Just say what you do for fun, dumbass.

>The most private thing I’m willing to admit:nothing
In that case, the most private thing you're willing to admit is the most private thing about you, period. Just say something of substance, mr. "Open Book".

>I've got interesting opinions on many topics.
So does everybody else. Just leave it at something like "You should message me if you like discussing <insert topics here>".
>>
>good at not dying
>thinking about the universe
>no interests and dry humor

wow you are just the most UNINVITING guy ever
"I got a lot of opinions and I'm willing to share"
well who the fuck cares! WHY SHOULD THEY CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION especially coming from a guy that says virtually nothing about himself, has uninviting profile that no girl has anything to go on if she sent a message, no quips, no random facts about yourself, just a "hey I'm a normal guy, I like to think about uh.. the universe, and uhh I got opinions feel free to ask if ya want!!"
>>
>>17504444
Think about frozen pizzas. Until you take it back home, it's still marvelous and appetizing, once opened you won't throw the shit in the trash because it's all you got....

You really have to work on your pizza box
>>
>>17504444
Your profile sounds like the "fucking open me to know what is in the pizza" give something out before.

Takes pictures outside, it looks like your whole life has occured inside a basement. It reflects that you never go out that you are alone and no one will ever have a "thrill" with you...
>>
>>17505359
I'm so sorry, I threw that shit in there as a placeholder because I was about to pass out.

I'll see what I can do, but honestly I think >>17505188 is right. I really am a boring person with no ambitions who just likes playing video games. Not to sound self-pitying or anything, but there's just not much about me I can work with.
>>
OP what kind of messages are you sending?

If your profile is any indication it's probably terrible stuff.
>>
>>17506260
I generally send things pertaining to what's in their profile and ask for more details, then I tell them my opinion on it. Things like "Hi, I see you like [thing]. This is what I think about [thing]. What more can you tell me about [thing]?"
>>
>>17504444
OP you're trolling us right ? Just say you have a job in <general field>. Then you should tell more precisely which kind of games you are talking about. Talk about cool friends people and hangouts. If you have only ypur parents you should insist on how much you help them because it's very important for you.
>>
>>17506553
>Then you should tell more precisely which kind of games you are talking about

You think OP needs to be more detailed about video games? He shouldn't even mention it
>>
>taking a shirtless photo
>no muscle definition

What are you doing man?
>>
Unpopular opinion but I think you look just fine. The only problem is that if you're looking to bag Instagram-tier models your profile probably won't help. I don't think that making yourself out to be someone you aren't is helpful if you are looking for something longterm. Girls are less likely to initiate conversation with a man online. Work on talking to girls instead of reworking who you are unless you really are unhappy with yourself.
>>
I'm not that attractive looking and it's not hard to get dates going on OkCupid. Don't think too hard about your profile, you can get conversation going and go into the details there.

Whats weird is that if you don't put down what you do for work then that is the first thing that every girl will ask about you.
>>
>op still hasn't made any changes

Really fires the neurons
>>
>>17507657
I'm working on it. It's hard to come up with something when everything you've ever thought of is revealed to be not good. I have to start from scratch here.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.