[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normie behaviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1471128996267.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471128996267.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
So its pretty hard for me to tolerate normies in general. The way they talk and behave usually make me cringe, not to mention that their tastes in general just don't fit my interests.

However, my major demands that I try my hardest to relate to them, form teams, get to know each other, etc. In fact, several classes need me to do it this semester.

But damm Its hard, and I just find it repulsive to a point I wish I could just study something else and abandon these retards forever.

How can I cope with these feelings? Are there any methods to dealing with normie behaviour?
>>
Havent figured it out yet myself, only found out that regular visits on 4chan makes it worse
I f.e. ranted so much about "popular" pop music and normal people that even my brother scolded me lately for being too intolerant/unfair to normies/normie stuff

Trying to be more toleant now but its sometimes really hard
>>
Focus on the intelligent, kind normies. They might do things that are trendy and annoying, but their social involvement actually helps them contribute positively to society, if they are truly quality people and not just soda drinkers.

Behave like you're in a cliche movie where the person settles their differences in an effort to see the bits of good in everyone.

This advice may sound gay, but appreciation and good will are somewhat opposite to hard prejudice and hate.
>>
>>17504070
>soda drinkers
Huh. That's a pretty great insult.
>>
>>17504077
even a normie sympsthizer needs to reee. I don't subscribe to that r9k stuff though.
>>
>>17504049
Be selective and focus on what you agree on.

Or, instead of saying people are stupid for liking this or that, make recommendations to them instead.

e.g. if they like shitty pop music, suggest for them to listen to one album you like and ask them for what they think about it.

You can BS this by saying. "I think if you like this kind of style you'll like this, but I don't know for sure."

Unless everyone around you talks and thinks like a valley girl, you should be able to interact fine with people using that technique.
>>
>>17504070
This is exactly how I feel sbout so many friends I have made since I moved away after uni. I have few true friends in this world, 3 or 4 that know me on an intimate level, but a good chunk of my friend base is self serving. I keep them around because some are great for getting into parties. Some have odd shared intrests. And it is always easier for me to meet new women if it's through friends. normies tend to keep in touch with a much larger circle of friends than I would ever care to.
>>
>>17504049
Please tell me more what you observe and have recorded from normies you find particularly noteworthy -
for me, it is the overwhelming adherence to vulgar language and infamous remarks to the point of madness.
>>
>>17504049
View them as machines.

Aside from that terrible advice I'd advise just generating an abstraction layer that affords easy interpretation and interaction with these people. Don't attempt to initiate substantive and meaningful interaction with them otherwise aside from key points where it makes sense. Don't be dismissive, nor submissive, but don't allow a perception of a sense of presence either. Just don't connect and take on a solid, detached, and at times authoritative vibe.
>>
>>17504049
Why do you feel you have to like people to work with them in a business environment? Just focus on the job.
>>
>>17505211
I thought this thread was dumb, but then I realized I sort-of do this. Should I kill myself?
>>
>>17504070
this, plus when you're talking to someone, try to think about what you have in common with them, not what's different. it's hard, and you may only be able to come up with "we're both human beings taking this class" but it helps a bit.

not thinking of them as "normies" helps too. even if you know you're different from them, don't encourage that mindset in yourself.
>>
>>17504049
Let me put it this way, a lot of people at uni, will hide their powerlevels unlike us, because of a societal pressure to fit in. Ignore the retards who go out drinking with 3 brain cells and make friends with the quieter ones. They usually arent normies.
>>
>>17505211
I do this for people I can guarantee have no worth, but become really cheery when its someone who isn't a giant normie.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.