[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suicidal friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: black-swan-4.jpg (192KB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
black-swan-4.jpg
192KB, 1280x533px
idk if this is the right place to post this. but here we go. my friend lives somewhere in Norway and i just started talking to him a few days ago. he recently lost two of his best friends to suicide and got kicked out from his home by his family for coming out as gay. i am trying to convince him not to kill himself too, but apparently therapy costs thousands over there as it is not covered under healthcare. i really want to help him but i literally have no idea what to say to help him. please /adv/, i don't want him to end his own life. pic not related
>>
>>17503638
Why would you care or get attached to someone you met days ago? Just tell him that killing himself would just give his family what they want and if he wants to be their bitch, or something less harsh but along those lines. Also tell him to call the authorities, I'm not sure about Norway but in my country it's illegal to just kick a kid out of your house until they are 18. Keep talking to him if you rely dont want him to kick the bucket, let him talk and vent. Call him if need be, an actual voice is a lot more comforting than text on a screen.
>>
For some reason I doubt they don't treat mental illness there.
>>
>apparently therapy costs thousands over there as it is not covered under healthcare.
well that's just not true. especially for the suicidal
>>
>>17504046
thanks for the advice. i forgot to mention that he is 18 so it is legal and he is currently living in an apartment for school i guess. and as for that first question, i am like that. i get attached to strangers and i would feel guilty if i just let him die
>>
>>17504058
i guess he just doesn't know much about the healthcare system over there. i feel bad but he told me that healthcare does pay for 20% of therapy sessions and he is gonna save up for the rest
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.