[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished shooting a short film. Not entirely happy with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I finished shooting a short film. Not entirely happy with the outcome--make-shift equipment, had to play a part myself--, but thought one of the actors was pretty good and was optimistic about the outcome.

I finished cleaning up and went outside for a walk. Both actors had dropped my card at the entrance to the apartment complex in almost the same place. Neither emailed me in case the film made it into a festival.

What should I think?
>>
>>17503489
>optimistic about the outcome.
I meant optimistic that the editor could fix the raw footage.
>>
>>17503489
Bump.

I'm down right now.
>>
>>17503489
No thoughts? I thought I did an alright job then I saw their cards outside the apartment. One of them gave me his, but seeing them both in the same spot left me doubting.
>>
>>17503590

Who careeessss OP.
It's just two actors man.. If you feel good about the work then who gives a flying shit?
>>
>>17503489
>caring about meet puppets

They are literally a dime a dozen and would often work for free. Who fucking cares. You just need to ged gud op.

How was you relationship with them on set? Was there drama? Were you being unreasonable at any point?
>>
>>17503611
No. It went well. We laughed and joked most of the way through. At the end I had to ask one to film me because the Director of Photography cancelled at the last minute.

I didn't pay them, but I bought them lunch--pizza--and offered to let them take it home at the end of the shoot.

I don't know what happened.
>>
I hate it when people do that to their eye-brows. It just makes her look like a clown. Leave your eyebrows alone, people. They don't need to look like you sat there for 3 hours plucking and waxing them with a laser level.
>>
>>17503597
One of the actors was pretty bad. I don't care about losing him, but the other one played the role well and needed little direction, even though he didn't memorize his lines well.

I'm concerned I wasn't professional or the make-shift equipment screwed me over or something. There aren't many actors where I live. It's a big city, but not New York or L.A. Word travels.
>>
>>17503627
Thanks for the advice.

Next?
>>
>>17503635
The actors were probably hoping for something more professional with higher production quality.

And I'm not saying that as a bad thing about you, I'm saying that as a bad thing about them: Producers have to start small, and so do actors. They're of the kind who expect to be hired for something of a higher standard just because they're actors.

If you like your work, then good for you. If they don't then who cares.

Learn from the project and move on to the next one.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.