[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it so hard to sleep?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20160824_142622-1.jpg (3MB, 1836x2261px) Image search: [Google]
20160824_142622-1.jpg
3MB, 1836x2261px
ive tried avoiding my phone or anything that usually keeps me up at night (for at least one year) sometimes even forcing myself to stay awake for an entire day or two.

Even doing that, it takes me a couple of hours (about 3-4 hours) to fall asleep.

Any advice to help me fall asleep easier, espcially before a big event?
>>
i have the same problem due to depression
dunno what keeps you awake but for me its neverending thoughts about everything
sometimes weed helps, sometimes physical activity helps
for me at least
>>
>>17503475
i tried weed a couple of times, but either i dont inhale properly, or im just immune to it. I do feel very sluggish after that tho, but not sleepy.

as for physical activity, it just leaves my body aching slightly but i guess it doesnt really help.

and yeah, i kinda have the same reasons as you for being unable to sleep.

thanks for the advice tho
>>
You have to train your mind.

Ideal is that you do nothing in your bedroom other than sleeping. Obviously this is hard to manage, but make sure there's no tv in the bedroom and you don't have your primary work space there. Just go to the library or a university place if you have to, but don't have a desk in your bedroom.

No flashy or dramatic colors. White or green or something. Get curtains that really keep the light out, in the darkness your body produces melatonin which helps you sleep.

Make sure you have "free" moments during the day in which you just let your mind wander. Meditation is an option but not necessary. If you commute, that's an ideal time to not listen to music but just look outside and let your mind run free. A lot of people nowadays keep themselves occupied/entertained one way or another, even if it's just music, and then they are baffled that when they go lie down without any distractions their mind starts to work. You need moments to reflect and process things throughout the day to avoid this.

Do not look at a screen for half an hour to an hour before heading to bed. If you must do something on the computer, install something to make the screen less bright, but try to avoid it in general. Instead take a shower, read a book, do some not that intensive studying etc. The most relaxing is a hobby that both keeps you occupied and isn't mentally intensive, like knitting or doodling.

Now for the big one: DO NOT stay in bed when you can't fall asleep. Wait for approximately fifteen minutes, if you haven't fallen asleep by then, leave the room. Drink some tea, go get some fresh air, read a little, whatever. Then go back and try again, rinse and repeat.

Good luck!
>>
>>17503512
thanks, will do.

i'll try this for at least a week and see how it goes
>>
>>17503519
Good luck, this will probably take some time though, you have to reprogram yourself.
>>
>>17503498
smoking weed isnt the most effective nor healthy method, eating it is where its at
if you want to give it a try dissolve ~0,5g into butter whilst letting it simmer in a pot for a few min
either make cookies with the mixture (dont bake above 150°) pour it down with milk or mix it in w/e food you want
that beeing said that wont be a permanent solution
but its nice sleeping early on some days

>>17503512
>DO NOT stay in bed when you can't fall asleep. Wait for approximately fifteen minutes, if you haven't fallen asleep by then, leave the room. Drink some tea, go get some fresh air, read a little, whatever. Then go back and try again, rinse and repeat.
forgot to mention that, that may help aswell
>>
Do you even ASMR bro?
>>
you could try using up some of your excess energy
>>
>>17503458
Pick a time you go to bed and remain consistent. Sleep in complete darkness. Don't do anything in your bed that is not sleeping, books, phone etc.

Big one for me, do not think about anything life related. Fantasize about flying, or imagining a new world, etc. I made up a silly mantra I use (dive, dive, dive. Like an 80s submarine movie) whenever I catch myself planning task for tomorrow or thinking about that day.
>>
>>17503458
there's a few herbal remedies that ive found helped at least a little - namely melatonin, valerian root and magnesium powder

but it comes down to two things: making yourself tired and relaxing before bed

make yourself tired by regular exercise and keeping the same schedule every day (i like to go to bed at 11 and get out of bed at 7 no matter if im sleeping or not)

and relax before bed by turning off electronics, maybe reading a bit or meditating, no lights on and quiet, cool room etc. etc.

i find the most important part is getting a nightly routine and sticking to it
>>
You have sleep anxiety. It's all in your head. I always have trouble falling asleep when I know i have to be up early, but on the weekends i can fall asleep whenever and sleep as much as i want. Easier said than done, but just relax.

When I HAVE to sleep, I can't. Just relax, read a book, don't sweat it too much. Let your body do what it needs to do.
>>
>>17503538
Breh a .5 edible is going to fuck him in the ass, dont take that much OP. .1g in an edible will get you VERY high, unless you have a crazy tolerance. .5 edible will send you to another universe.
>>
Sports and physically exhausting stuff during the day in general solved the problem for me, anon

Also, shit tastes better cause the workout makes you way more hungry. Try it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.