[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Story time and I need advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 4271417.jpg (28KB, 430x327px) Image search: [Google]
4271417.jpg
28KB, 430x327px
So a long time ago right after 9/11 I wanted to donate some blood to help. So, I made my way down to the Red Cross to donate my Universal blood, type O negative.

A week after I donated my blood I received a letter in the mail from the Red Cross. I thought cool they sent me a thank you letter. To my surprise it was a lovely letter that said "Congratulation you are HIV positive and are on a list as being HIV positive and now you cant donate blood or plasma ever again. See a doctor... PS you suck and nobody likes you" or something like that.

I was shocked and a little puzzled... Well I was very puzzled and very shocked. I setup a doctors appointment and waited for about 2-3 days. It was a great time waiting. When the time came I went to my doctors appointment and they took my blood to test and I went home to wait. It fun waiting for a week or two… Fun times. The Doctor called and had me come in to get the news. I thought for sure that the Doctor was going to drop the horrible news that I have aids. I was not in a good place but when the Doctor said “Your tests came back negative and you are not HIV positive I was so happy. I thing I clapped with joy. The Doctor wanted to double check and took more blood and tested and I waited and the results are the same. I am not HIV positive and as the Doctor put it “The Red Cross is a horrible organization that embezzles money and sells medication on the black market rather that giving the mediation to the people that need it or that they said it was for” his words not mine.

cont...
>>
File: 1464801477921.jpg (482KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1464801477921.jpg
482KB, 1024x768px
>>17503230
OP? Are you here? Tell me you didn't die.
>>
>>17503230

I went to the Red Cross with the test results to show that I am not HIV positive and that they might have mixed my test sample with someones else. I was told that the tests results from the doctor does not matter and that their test results are more accurate. After a hour or so and talking to three people from the Red Cross I was informed that what the Red Cross does to test for aids and to do it on the cheap is that they take a sample from everyone that day and mix the test samples together an test one batch of a group of people and if one person has aids from that group everyone gets a nice letter in the mail and are put on the aids list.

Shocking right? This didn’t bother me until I had a kid. What if my kid needs my blood or worse? So my question is how do I get off the aids list without suing the Red Cross?
>>
>>17503278

I am here
>>
>>17503282
Does it matter? You are o neg, your kid might actually be better of getting someone else's blood if they are also O neg. The red cross just doesn't have the time and resources to test every one of the 25 or so they put in the AIDS batch. It's just more resource efficient to blacklist all.

But holy shit did you shit your pants when you got that mail? I had an aids scare once, had sex with a total disgusting club slut and she had period, bleed all over me and stuff, also quite intense bareback bj. I go to the std testing center and they say we'll call in two weeks. Three weeks later no message so I think they are double checking the hiv positive results fuck fuck. I already started reading aids forums on coming out as positive

Turns out they didnt call because they were waiting for the hepB results which weren't even fucking tested for because I'm fucking immunized against it as I told them. Worst week of my life
>>
>>17503300

It doesn't matter much it's just something that came up. I did shit a brick when I got that letter. I was told that I have AIDS. I was freaking out.
>>
Does anyone know how I get off the AIDS list?
>>
>>17503328
You don't, probably. Look at it from their perspective: they have this list of people who probably have aids, and when someone claims they don't it costs too much money and time just to fish out the ones that don't have aids. Same why gays can't donate, simply too high risk so not worth the time.

Basically, you're a faggot
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.