[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anti-vegan arguments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Yo /adv/,
I come seeking help. Gf is starting to incline to vegan bullshit and I'm worried.
While I agree with her that those big farms with insane condititons for animals are inhumane, she pushes the matter further by saying that no animal should be harmed or killed for sole purpose of being turned into food for us.

Now what I'm looking for are some good studies or videos against this kind of thing. Sort of like vegans have, but vice versa (FOR eating meat). Feel free to chime in with your arguments.

Vegans need not apply, spare me the time please
>>
>>17500468
We don't have those videos. We've tried but the truth is its just a sad situation perpetuated by our greedy meaty desires.
>>
File: 1463015215904.jpg (173KB, 496x368px) Image search: [Google]
1463015215904.jpg
173KB, 496x368px
>>17500468

Ok. Let me break it down for you.

Here is what is true. The meat industry is atrocious. Hormones, cages, torture, disease, contamination, animals being packed into tiny warehouses where they live short, painful lives and then die.

I just ate fried chicken. I am aware of the way of the world and I honestly don't care enough to stop eating meat.

Your girlfriend does care. Its not a matter of who is wrong or right its a matter of who cares about certain things and who doesn't.

The pros and cons for being a vegan vs. a meat eater are endless and we could spin around in circles all day but the basis of your difference is she cares about something more than you do. It happens all the time. Its not weird.

Start by not calling her opinions "vegan bullshit" and just agree to disagree. You're not better for thinking the way you do and there are no studies out there that will prove you are. Your priorities are different. Thats it. Just leave it alone and stop talking about it.
>>
>>17500468
There are no valid arguments against it. Accept the truth, OP. Go vegan.
>>
how can it have gotten this far? How did our meat eating turn into the pain and suffering of countless animals? How can we change for the better?
>>
>>17500468
Eggs are very natural do not hurt chickens. Chickens naturally ovulate. The eggs are not living unless they are fertile by a rooster. People who live on paleo diets are allowed to eat eggs because even chickens in the wild lay unfertile eggs.

>inb4 muh bad conditions and tiny cages
Buy free range eggs, they're more pricey but there's a HUGE quality difference between free range and unbranded. I know because I only buy free range anymore, it's good stuff.

Almond milk is a decent milk alternative, do not drink soy milk. The health risks to drinking soy milk are FAR worse than the conditions they put milk cows under. Also, make sure it's refrigerated, almond milk off the aisle tastes horrible.

Bee farming is not harmful to bees and farmed fish live under very humane circumstances. Honey without any added corn syrup is good and fish can be cooked in a number of ways.

Veganism is very stupid but you can get on a diet that's slightly healthier and free of most red meat without eliminating all meat.
>>
>>17500468

If you're looking for studies that eating meat is healthier, you're not going to find it. Vegetarianism/Pescetarianism are the healthiest.

If you're looking for an ethical argument, you'll only find it in egoism where the goal is to prioritize your self-interest. If you're concerned about the well-being of others, then eating meat will only harm them.
>>
lmao at this pro vegan anti vegan thread

meat eater here. i only respect veganism for its diminishing pollution. at this point in my life i don't care to act because I'm barely scraping by and depressed. maybe sometime in the future, I'll learn how to make vegan cuisine. for now, meat is accessible and cheap, so i buy it.

my two cents is to just get over it. it's such a petty topic. focus on more important things man. learn philosophy/economics/psychology/science.
>>
File: death.jpg (63KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
63KB, 500x343px
>"animals shouldn't be eaten or harmed"
>animals kill other animals
>we are animals

both are fine. Aslong as you eat and live your okay. If you wanna be ethical hunt your own meat. But the argument that eating animals is wrong, is total bullshit. Its fine for a panda to eat bamboo and its fine for a lion to eat game, so why is it wrong for a human who has teeth for both to do either?
>>
Veganism is awesome; why do you care what she eats?

Grow up imo
>>
>>17500897
Appeal to nature. Rape is natural in many animal circles. Is rape therefor ok for humans too or do we know better? Can use use our brains and are sentient?

>>17500468
Politely tell her you're not gonna stop eating meat and you hope she respects your choice and you'll respect hers.

t. former vegetarian.

Don't argue, especially not about veganism. It won't end well no matter who's "right".
>>
File: iSlCGu8.png (728KB, 680x1066px) Image search: [Google]
iSlCGu8.png
728KB, 680x1066px
>>17500499
I support her decision and never mention this topic by words "vegan bullshit". Eh, I guess she does care more than I do. Thanks

>>17500533
How is soya milk harmful? Agreed on everything else

>>17500592
Shit nigga. Vegans say this, doctors say this. Who am I supposed to believe?

>>17500901
I could care less what she eats, unless there is a chance that it is somehow dangerous for her.

>>17501204
We have no arguments about this, only discussions and I support her, no matter what she eats. Why did you leave the vegetarian way of life?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.