[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are most people on 4chan autistic? I was just thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: ock.png (2MB, 1439x1079px) Image search: [Google]
ock.png
2MB, 1439x1079px
Are most people on 4chan autistic? I was just thinking about it.... in real life, autism is very easily noticeable but on the internet, you can't tell. They can meme and post like everyone else... because it's not really "social".

To any who are on the spectrum, I don't mean to make you guys sound like "you people". This is just me musing, because yall aren't really that different and the internet as shown me that.

However, after browsing /pol/ (yes I know) and /his/ and /int/ a whole bunch and thinking of a lot of the posters as autistic, the "culture" and content of the boards makes a lot more sense.

Thoughts on this? Maybe I'm just overthinking it.
>>
im pretty sure most people here are social retards. the shit i see people asking about on this board makes me cringe so hard. i dont even know why i came here anymore.
>>
File: 1471484741789.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
1471484741789.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>17500464

>Are most people on 4chan autistic?

The lack of social awareness created by 4chan highly mimics legitimate autism.

Autism is an inability to understand social cues; a distorted view of the world in which its impossible to tell what is and isn't appropriate behavior because your brain is incapable of creating a point of reference or developing the neural pathways to do so.

The exact same effect occurs when you take entitled millennials, tell them they're special and they can be anything when they grow up and plant them in front of a computer 8 hours a day and don't challenge them; don't let them fail, don't let them sit with the responsibility of their actions but instead create a portal in which all of their adolescent delusions and shortcomings are validated instead of corrected by real world experience.

This place is an echo chamber for dysfunction that does not encourage people to grow up or to view failure as a learning opportunity.

The "culture" of this place is anti-responsibility. Have a hard time socializing with other cultures? Its "niggers" fault. Have a hard time finding a girlfriend? Its "feminazis" fault. There's a scapegoat for everything around here.

20 years ago there was no place to run to hide from the world; no instant access to millions of other kids looking for other people just like them to tell them its ok and its not their fault.

Over the years places like this removed the space for adolescents to grow beyond their own understanding of the world and has created a neverland of sorts. There is no learning, no progression, no contrary ideas or belief systems, just a cyclical microcosm of escapism that seems to have convinced itself that by conforming to the "counter-culture" mindset they have somehow elevated themselves above conformity.

In short, nature created autism but thanks to the internet age our society is now churning out artificial autism and we don't even have to leave out houses to do it.
>>
>>17500549
True enough. I see that. I'm glad I discovered 4chan in a fairly unconventional way and when I was already well-adjusted, now it's just where I go to blow off steam.

When I see the types of content on a lot of boards here, it really fucks with me. Seeing how people act on here. Then I step outside and it's totally different. But these people HAVE to exist; actual robots aren't posting on 4chan. That's why I immediately went to "autism" as a idea, as they tend to view the world differently than the regular person on the street.

I have a lot of issues with the internet and echochambers and social media as a whole that are pretty much as you described, and it's very hard to reconcile with myself at times.

I feel comfort here, but I wouldn't consider myself an extremist or a "scapegoater"... just someone who feels the outside world has failed them sometimes. And this comes from no lack of responsibility or shoddy parenting... must just be the way I MYSELF think. Fuck. I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>17500573

Lets just put it like this; this place may not be single handedly responsible for manufacturing the disdain for modern society but if you have autism or any sort of underlying social dalliances, this place certainly won't make it any better.

The world fails billions of people every day but I've learned through a series of mistakes that assimilating into the existing society on your own terms and making do with the reality of the situation is infinitely more useful than constructing your own virtual society in which you're never wrong.

One is more disappointing than the other but one is also real, while the other one is not.
>>
>>17500549
>millennials
Post discarded
>>
>>17500590

Do you care to expand on that little retort or do you honestly think that saying "post discarded" is some kind of intelligent response?
>>
>>17500464
No. Most people here will self-diagnose themselves with Asperger's, though, because they're twats.
>>
>>17500659
No since millennial is another buzzword that people here like throwing around. You're usage of it shows me that you're one of those "special snowflakes" or a pathetic old man that shouldn't be here
>>
File: The grillz never came..jpg (120KB, 682x767px) Image search: [Google]
The grillz never came..jpg
120KB, 682x767px
>>17500464

People come to 4chan to act stupid.

People go to reddit to act smart.

That's all these is to it.
>>
>>17500682

So you don't have an intelligent response. Its ok if you're a bit slow. You don't have to use my use of the word millennial as an excuse for why you can't think of anything smart to say.

>"special snowflakes"

Also, you just used a buzzword in a post insulting me for using a buzzword.

ALSO, millennial is not a buzzword. Its an actual word in the dictionary meaning "a person reaching young adulthood around the year 2000"

So.. post discarded. Thanks for playing, dumdum.
>>
File: zuckerberg_VR_people.jpg (121KB, 1250x700px) Image search: [Google]
zuckerberg_VR_people.jpg
121KB, 1250x700px
>>17500583
>but one is also real, while the other one is not.
It definitely feels as if we're eagerly heading towards everything virtual. Do you think it's stoppable? With mobile phones and people spending more time watching screens than anything else. Pic related gives me chills 2bh.
>>
>>17500717
Look at those stiff nipples, nothing arouses a jew more than total control of the goy.
>>
>>17500699
Not that guy, but you really shouldn't label an entire generation of people as "dysfunctional fags that don't know how to deal with failure and life". It would be the same as me labeling all baby boomers as greedy and uncaring because of what a few old folks made some bad decisions that lots of people are paying for nowadays.

Also, check'd.
>>
>>17500549
>other people to tell them its ok and its not their fault
People on 4chan are much meaner than people in real life. I've been called an autist and been told to kill myself countless times, my opinions and viewpoints have been attacked and shit on every time I mention something that doesn't 100% conform to "board culture". This barely ever happens in real life, since anonymity isn't a thing.

>20 years ago there was no place to run to hide from the world
I agree with this. There definitely was, but not to the extent that the internet provides.

>lack of social awareness
4chan is the one place where I can go and forget about social awareness, and say whatever the hell I want. That's why most people like it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.