[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I start community college in 3 days, any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1471445280237.jpg (71KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
1471445280237.jpg
71KB, 604x483px
I start community college in 3 days, any advice?
>>
>>17500145
Go to all events and shit. usually free swag..
>>
Do well, show up every day. Do your work every day. Work for an A, don't get too crushed by your B's, evaluate what caused your C's.
Quietly hate yourself and everyone for letting you come to this point in your life.
>>
>>17500145
join a club

doesn't matter what club just join one. Sports preferably.
>>
>>17500145
Watch the TV series, Community. it pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>17500145
Get a 4.0 or you really suck. It's the easiest fucking thing on earth.
>>
>>17500172
there are some cities with community colleges that are actually decent, but they are few and far between
>>
>>17500172
I'm saying that because my first semester I got a C-, and the rest of my career got A's or at worse B+. Still grad'd with a 3.78, cocksuckers.
>>
>>17500182
No I just mean school and academic achievement in general. They literally teach you what you need to know and they give you a test on what they just taught you. How can you forget what they just said a month ago?

I got my C because I refused to read my history book cause I was a lazy fuck
>>
>>17500185
What was your major?
>>
>>17500199
>inb4 humanities aren't school

The hardest STEM there is: Theoretical linguistics. Plus another degree in anthropology which was actually a joke.
>>
File: Josuke_glove_trick.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Josuke_glove_trick.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>The hardest STEM there is: Theoretical linguistics
You're going to sit here and piffle at cc, when you took less math and physics than a goddamn comp sci major.
>>
File: 1471702855818.png (309KB, 452x472px) Image search: [Google]
1471702855818.png
309KB, 452x472px
>>17500166
I was planning to do this, actually.
Never been good at a sport in all my life, tried Judo but it turns out if you dont train from like 10 youre gonna get opponents who could kill you if they wanted to.

Is Tennis easy to pick up?
>>
>>17500218
Hey asshole read what i said, I wrote that there's nothing wrong with cc. I said >>17500190. I'm going to community college right now myself.

Also why would math and physics matter in any place other than CS? Same shit as theoretical linguistics in terms of just learning rules and frameworks for no reason
>>
>>17500145
Easy peasy.

1. Get to class 10 mins early at least. People usually show up early on the first day to sit near friends, sit in the back, etc. Arriving early lets you sit wherever you want
2. pref sit in the front if you want an LOR from the prof
3. Food is expensive on campus if they have food usually. Don't buy it. Just get food nearby if you want
4. Books are expensive as shit, and they essentially force you to buy them to access online HW (or at least at my CC). Rent if you can
5. Join a club
6. Talk to people in your class, especially the one sitting next to you or ppl in lab groups. Get their numbers and help each other out w/ HW and studying. Because of this, I usually try to sit next to the attractive girl on the first day if there is one and form a group with her. Good way of meeting chicks.
7. Always use Ratemyprofessor.com before applying for a class. This applies to Uni obv
>>
>>17500221
Tennis is rather difficult but in my opinion it's the best sport out there. Most fun, it's like chess in physical form. I prefer individual competition though.
>>
Since you post here, you're probably not going to make any friends. So just go to class and go home after. That's how it is for me at least.
>>
>>17500317
But can I pick up on it at such a late age, as long as im kinda /fit/?
>>
>>17500145

Save your Pell Grant and Subsidized Loans.

Don't piss that away on stupid shit.
>>
>>17500145
me too, good luck bro.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.