[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Money & Privacy invasion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1454001554172.jpg (27KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1454001554172.jpg
27KB, 460x460px
So here's the story, I worked at a construction company and was due for a lay off around halloween, at which time I was going to collect EI and chill out. I got a call from my sister and also from my cousin about my mom. She's a nice lady but not overly realistic, she gets 800$ a month and just rented a huge house for 725$ a month...this leaves 75 for food, cable,phone,electricity,heat. That's simply impossible here. We sat down with her and tried to talk her out of living there but she refused and also had signed a lease. After thinking about it a bit I moved in to one of her rooms and gave up my awesome appartment. Each month I paid all the food, gas, drove everywhere, paid the heat, power, etc with my EI. The problem is, the lease is almost up and she still won't move. She asked if she could "borrow" 250$ to visit some relative who's dying, I agreed. What happened though is she took my bank card when I wasn't home (maybe my sister gave her the pin, i don't know) and withdrew money, then got a receipt, showing that I have 7546$. Not a lot, i know, since everyone on 4chan is a doctor. But it took me since age 21 to save that much. She's really angry that I "pretended to be poor" and thinks that at least half of the money should belong to her. Am I an asshole? I'm thinking of just leaving today and not giving a shit about her bills.
>>
>>17498932
Yeah, fuck her.
The problem with people in general is that if you try to do decent things for them to help them out, without screaming in their fucking ear daily how you're only doing it to help them out (in which case you become a manipulative asshole) is that they take it for granted and just want more.
Your mom is obviously irresponsible with money, and usually people who are also feel entitled to others' money as if their mere existence is a blessing.

Take this as a lesson in how not to try to help family, or indeed anyone, get through their own foolish decisions. It could have been a far more costly lesson.
>>
Yeah I guess you're right. Her whole family (and by that she means her siblings, not me and my sister lol) are a bunch of neets living on some form of disability or similar, actually only 1 aunt has a job, I guess she's the black sheep.

I guess I just missed living alone and not seeing any relatives much, had just dumped my gf too and felt lonely. I also felt bad for my mom because she was really nice to me when I was younger and did a lot for me (though, not financially lol). I think what pisses me off the most is how she doesn't realize I was up at 6 am, 7 days a week to get the tiny savings I have. She just brushes it off like "well you're young guy, working in the boiling hot sun roofing is EASY for you". or some shit...
>>
>>17498932
Run lad. Your mum will guilt you for everything she can. Not because she doesn't love you, but because she has no concept of finance and thinks your $7000 is just throw around money which she is entitled to.
>>
>>17498991
Sadly I know you are right :( I've applied for a job I don't want, and I'm looking for a cheap place near there. I hate to do it but I'm thinking of tossing my phone away if I get this job and move. Then just maybe starting fresh and not talking to family and stuff.
>>
>>17498932
>and thinks that at least half of the money should belong to her
hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>17498996
Heh, you must be new to "woman logic". I have an aunt who cheated on her husband, then left him, after that he joined a company and earned a 375k buyout (he worked for 28 years there). they were divorced the entire time, she's now going through lawyers because she feels that half should be hers (she already has a house he inherited)
>>
>>17499018

If you want to see something worse m8 Google the British guy who lost half of his £10m fortune he earned a decade AFTER they legally divorced.

He was also homeless for a period in this decade.

This is why I'll never get married
>>
>>17499028
Oh yeah, I did read about that briefly. I'm there with you, it sucks in a way, but everytime a girl shows any interest in "getting serious" I have no choice but to run. It always feels wrong, but I know I could never live with myself if i let some girl do that to me.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.