[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyway to feel more comfortable about my skin color?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: racial-identity-crisis1.jpg (13KB, 230x275px) Image search: [Google]
racial-identity-crisis1.jpg
13KB, 230x275px
Is there anyway to feel more comfortable about my skin color? I'm half white half black and have never been accepted by either side. I "act too white" for black people and I'm too dark to be seen as white. I'm afraid that I'll only be seen as a disgusting black person to most people... I'm especially worried about mixed relationships, not for my sake, but for the sake of my partner and the ridicule they might receive. I don't know which is more upsetting, the fact that I hate my own color, or the fact that I will always be seen less of a person. Any advice?
>>
>>17498584
/pol/ was right again
>>
>>17498654
What do you mean?
>>
>>17498659
Among other things, they're constantly going on about how bad it is to race mix.
>>
>>17498665
Oh makes sense. Guess he just proved my point than
>>
Focus less on belonging to a specific crowd and more on your own sense of identity. Yeah, if you try to fit into the narrative of fully black and white people, you are going to fail because you don't share their background 1:1. Focus on your own perspective, on what it's like to grow up with/between different cultures.
You'll never get anywhere with trying to be someone you're not. And while it doesn't necessarily matter that you don't share exactly the same race with certain people you interact with, it does get harder when you come from a different place but try to brush that off instead of embracing your own background. That way you are less than another black/white person because you don't show yourself for what you are.
>>
For some reason I have my doubts about the legitimacy of your post. Can you post a timestamped picture of your arm please?
>>
>>17498584
>wants to define yourself by your race
>can't because your mixed
I'm hope you stay in purgatory
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>17498716
Sure here you go
>>17498719
I honestly don't know what you're trying to convey
>>
>>17498732
Youre black. Not africa black but just black. Move to a village anywhere in europe, youll be the black guy there.
>>
>>17498732
You're the type of person who defines himself based on the color of their skin. It's only right you were born with mixed skin so now either side won't accept your cancerous self view.
>>
>>17498740
Considering race holds no emotional or behavioral tendencies I don't see why I myself need to feel I have to act a certain way because of my heritage. The issue is how other people view me.
>>
>>17498732

Cool thanks. In regards to your post, you need to become comfortable with who you are. I too am mixed race (half white, half Middle Eastern) but I came out looking a bit more white. People often take me for a Greek or Italian. That being said I used to be insecure with it. However, after coming to terms with it, just educating myself, and getting out in the world I would say I am much more comfortable with myself. I ended up dating a gorgeous 8/10 natural red head who loved the fact I was mixed. I've slept with plenty of other attractive women. I used to feel inferior and dumb but after I gained confidence in myself I got into an excellent university and am on the path to becoming a medical doctor. I would say a decent part of my self esteem probably came from working out and doing well academically. I stopped caring about what people may think of me and women just came along naturally with that.

In this day and age you being mixed is a good thing. There are tons of white women who will go head over heels for you especially if you're athletic and confident. The worst thing is to be a self loathing/hating person with low self esteem. You will probably be less attractive and judged more by people due to that type of personality. You should see my university campus, it is full of extremely attractive white girls dating outside their race.
>>
>>17498736
"Not Africa black"
>>
>>17498752
The problem is you already are acting a certain way because of your heritage. If you weren't, you would've never made this thread
>>
>>17498757

This post fucking pisses me off so fucking much. Why the fuck do all the white women I have ever pursued always friendzoned me but some half breed cunt like this just gets lucky. Fuck you camel nigger. Stay the fuck away from our white women. They belong to the white race. They don't want you and you don't need to be sticking your half breed mongrel dick in them. Die.
>>
File: 1468878244091.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1468878244091.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>17498766

lol y u mad tho?
>>
>>17498762
But I'm not? The thread is about the issues that arise from racial identity. People believe I need to act a certain way simply because of my race.
>>17498766
This proves my point
>>
>>17498769

>People believe I need to act a certain way simply because of my race

This is not necessarily true. Get yourself a white collar (or black collar lol sorry couldn't help it) career and dress well, don't act like degenerate ghetto rat.
>>
>>17498769
And you're listening to them? If your problem is that there are racist people in the world then go ahead and kill yourself; that isn't going to change soon.
>>
>>17498774
That's the thing I already do that, hence why black people say I act too white. The main issue is no matter how physically, intellectually, or morally superior I am to someone, am still just a nigger.
>>17498776
I mean you're not wrong. The fuck them and ignore them approach is pretty effective
>>
>>17498757
Middle Eastern and White are the same race you dipshit
>>
>>17498584
I think you shouldn't think too much about it. I believe most people will not judge you for your skin color only bullies will do that. Ofc you will experience prejudice but I mean people who know you. If you think too much about it I think it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy and you will interpret anything around you as being non-accept from white people.
>>17498781
>The main issue is no matter how physically, intellectually, or morally superior I am to someone, am still just a nigger.
I think it's a bit too much to think everyone just assume that. I believe that most people are open minded and don't care/don't judge you based on your race. Ofc there's always prejudice but if you try you can change those
>>17498766
You can do the same with Asian women and in general women in third world countries
>>
>>17498752
>no emotional or behavioral tendencies

Hoho if only you knew
>>
>>17498766
Dude if you weren't aware the vast majority of women marry within their own race. College age girls sleeping around gee who woulda thought.
>>
>>17499673

>Arabs are Europeans

lol no, fucking retard
>>
hang out with other people who respect you for who you are and not for what you seem, i know this sounds pre.made but actually if you'd hang out with me and my friends you wouldn't have this problem
>>
>>17500433
Arabs are Caucasian. Most anyway.
>>
>>17500460

Haplogroups and genetics are very different which is why a white person is white and often has light eyes whereas someone like my father who is Arabic has darker skin and brown eyes. White Europeans and Arabs are not the same. Sure most are Caucasian, but they are not white. Go to the Middle East and start telling Arabs on the street they are white and you will probably be laughed at and thrown out of the country.
>>
>>17498584
The reason black people are mean to you is because they envy you. There are two kinds of mixed black people: those who realize their privilege and those who don't.

You have something they will never have, which is the ability to "fit in" with non blacks. Unless your skin is very dark, you are basically able to pass in society as something other than black.

The ones who accept this fact are a lot more at peace with themselves, while the ones who bend over backwards trying to get black approval are miserable.

I'm mixed myself. As guilty as I feel for saying this, I feel incredibly privileged for being mixed race. There are a lot of social benefits to it, especially if you straighten your hair. Just leave them behind, OP. Your life will be better.
>>
>>17498766
With a personality like this it's no wonder white women won't go for you. Or any woman for that matter. Manchildren aren't very attractive.
>>
>>17498752
You need to stop seeing yourself as a victim and realize there are so many worse problems you could be having instead of "boohoo I'll never be full white or full black".

There's a whole community of mixed race people online. Why not go talk to them instead of trying to force yourself to be a monoracial.
>>
im a black dude into tons of punk/metal/psych and really obscure music, i taught myself how to program in Java and Scala (currently learning C++), etc. etc. as you can tell im not into things that black people who conform to mainstream "black culture" are into

all of my closest friends are white. black girls don't really give me the time of day (although white and arab girls show me mad love)

this hasn't been that serious of an issue for me though, probably because i can "code switch" and conform to "black culture" when i need to to avoid awkwardness and feeling different

my advice? learn to love yourself. be open minded, be comfortable in your own skin, and find some black people who don't conform to mainstream "black culture" (because trust me, they're out there: google AFROPUNK)
>>
>>17498584
>I "act too white" for black people and I'm too dark to be seen as white

I think your best move is to find a well educated black and/or Jamaican woman. Many of them will not tolerate what passes for "black culture" from American black men. They want none of it.

For every 10 black women who think you "act too white", there is one out there who actually has married parents, wants a middle class life, but doesn't want to marry a white guy.
>>
i'm a fucking half arab half german growing up in a jewish town in israel. it's terrible
>>
>>17500514
>they envy you

Blacks won't accept you because they know your black half hates being black. Whites won't accept you because they see anything black as nigger. The only people who participate in interracial relationship are social outsiders looking for acceptance in the wrong place.

Here's a link for anyone interested in why some people choose to date outside their race. Hint: there are good reasons why most people stick to their race.

http://www.angelfire.com/space/cropcircles/
>>
>>17501305
>angelfire

Hahaha oh wow, great job grandpa
>>
>>17501311
There are many types of people who chose to marry interracially. The most common people who choose to marry interracially share the following traits: highly educated, professional middle class or working class, marry at an older age, similar status, other interracial marriages exist in their family, and they are people who have been married before. Many of the people who marry interracially are placed into a category to try to explain their reasoning for marrying interracially. The types of categories include but are not limited to: outcasts, rebels, mavericks, compensators, adventurers, escapists, and unstables.

The outcasts are those people who do not feel comfortable with their race because they don't agree with the norms. They are often questioning why they have to do certain things, and are not happy because they don't fit in with the social groups of their race. The outcast will usually find a culture within another race that appeals to their needs. This provides the outcasts with the opportunity to marry interracially and begin a family within a different racial context.

The rebels are those people who disagree with the basic values, beliefs, and politics of their race. For them marrying outside of their race is not only a form of a long-life commitment to another person, but it is also a long life commitment to a form of protest. They disagree with one or more aspects of their race and they don't care what anyone around them might think if they marry outside of their race.
>>
>>17501333
The maverick may be seen as the non-conformist. People in this group are usually independent. Although the people within their race usually accept them, they would rather not belong to the "in group." For the majority of the time these people are sufficiently detached to the different aspects of their race that they are happier not belonging to it, much less belonging to the "in group." Marrying interracially allows the maverick to feel freed of the pressures to join and conform to the values, beliefs, politics, etc. of a race that they do not accept.

The compensator is the person who is always looking for their "other half." These are the people who feel incomplete by themselves, who do not want to be alone, and long for a loving relationship. This may not sound exclusively for people who marry interracially, but it is because this type of compensator is under the belief that they can only find what they need with a partner from a different race. The compensator attributes the deficiencies in their life to their race. Many times the compensator belongs to a broken family where neither of the parents is present, physically nor emotionally. The compensator is not negative about their own race they are just under the impression that someone from a different race can provide what they feel they are missing.

The adventurer is the person who is always daring to be different. Adventurers marry interracially because they need the excitement from those who are different to them. They are risking their life with a race that is unknown to them, they don't want a predictable relationship instead they want a marriage that will stimulate their life and make them feel special. Many adventurers cross all boundaries: race, class, religion, age, etc. Each additional difference makes the marriage and their life more exciting.
>>
>>17501336
The escapist is the person who marries outside of their race in order to improve the quality of their life. The escapist may be marrying a different race to move up the social or economic ladder, they marry for the benefits. The majority of interracial marriages include some type of trade off between the parties involved.

Unstables can be described by deviance. They marry outside of their race to defy authority. The authority they are usually trying to defy is their parents. Once they marry outside of their race the family will consider them to be abnormal and unstable people. Not many people marry under this type of circumstance, but it does happen.

Outside of these seven categories where people can be placed to explain why they choose to marry interracially, exists love. Some people do marry outside of their race because they have simply "fell in love." Love can sometimes become a problem because in the cultures of many races, romantic love is simply not a valid reason to join lives in matrimony and begin a family. Yet love is usually all it takes for many people to undergo marriage.
>>
I'm half-black half-white too, OP. idk which parent is white in your family, but in my case it's my dad.
>>17501221 and >>17498757 are right.

Be happy that you can be a bridge between two cultures. I'm in a predominately white uni in a predominately white field of study but I still have a few black friends, almost all of them are girls though. The ones straight outta Africa or from the Caribbean seem more dateable to me than the african american girls though. On the other hand I have Germanic friends at uni who want me to learn German and do German shit with them. I'm single right now but I've gone on dates with girls of varying races. My brother just married an asian chick, so it'll be interesting to see how their multiracial kids turn out. I think my brother will be a good father.

I've heard the "you're the whitest black guy I've ever met" comments multiple times, and some dumbass wigger from the south said he was blacker than me. Hell, I even got asked to open a container of watermelon for someone yesterday. You can't let it get to you, you just gotta suck it up, be a man, and not let the words hurt you. If you're actually close to those people you can tell them to cut it out, but you can't let every random person get you bent out of shape and ruin your day.

But remember this op- You gotta love yourself before you can love anybody else.
>>
>>17498781
Everyone who sees you as a worthless nigger is an inbred or autistic cunt. The kind of person who doesn't let their pees and carrots touch that their mom made for them.

Be your own man, fuck everyone else. I'm half Mexican/White. When I was a kid white people saw me as a cockroach and Mexicans saw me as a "pocho" (fake ass Mexican). I decided to carve out a path for myself and not associate with negative people.

Now I'm dating a sweet and caring Chinese girl and have a bunch of friends from both sides of the border. Don't let you're heritage determine your destiny.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.