/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me to not be weird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cute-bunnies-25__605.jpg (34KB, 605x484px) Image search: [Google]
cute-bunnies-25__605.jpg
34KB, 605x484px
>meeting my long distance bf and his parents for the first time in November

>they are paying for half of all my travel expenses to fly tot he USA as well as paying for me to go on a 4-day wine tasting tour with them in Napa

>wtf do mega wealthy white rich people like??
>how do I impress them???
>inb4 "Just be yourself"
>of course ill be myself I just need that extra bit of sparkle
>>
>sparkle

You've already lost.
>>
>>17498423
If he can't find a gf in his own country, and his family is willing to pay for someone to meet him, he's probably a mega weirdo. They are more worried about him, than you are of them. That being said, just be yourself. If you've made enough enough of a connection, you'll hit it off.
>>
How long have you known each other? How old are you two? Where are you from?
>>
>>17498438
3 years
he is 22
>>
>>17498423
Try to relax - they'll find you as exotic as you do them, and will worry about doing something you would find weird.

That said, an old-money family is likely to have little rituals, like saying grace at meals or having their regular seats in the car. Hang back just a little bit to watch what they do, and follow their lead.
>>
>>17498453
Hey thanks, that's really good advice.

I think I'm most worried about what would happen if they, idk, tried to test my intellectual capacity by asking me really weird questions like "Oh, what essence does this wine give off to you?" just dumb shit like that :/
>>
>>17498489
My wife's family is very rich. I grew up in a mobile home on a farm, but my family is also very rich. It's all about perspective. Her family chooses to flaunt it, but has never ONCE, not a single time held it over me or tested my "affluent knowledge". My family is very very modest. Their last big purchase was a 1992 Chevy Lumina. Do you know how they made their money or anything like that?
>>
>>17498423
>wealthy white family
>paying all expenses for some non-white foreigner to be with their son
They must be desperate. Don't worry OP, they're clearly worried about him becoming a permanently single loser so they'd accept anyone.
>>
>>17498530
I'm white.

Also that's not the case, I think that they are just super generous and understand how much we love each other, and also understand how expensive it would be for me to travel with no assistance.
>>
>>17498516
Thank you for that, it put my mind at ease a bit.
I'm not struggling financially, I'm not even 20 yet though. I just feel like they may be more..cultured than I am? And will expect me to know how to behave like I have a lot of money?

The father is the bread-winner. The family has always had money, next generation getting richer than the next. He is the VP of a company that manufactures and invents software and technology that assist with surgical procedures.

It's pretty crazy, they wear gold rings with their family crest on it.
>>
>>17498552

Slap waiters and waitresses for the smallest indesretion, rich people get off on that shit
>>
>>17498423
When I met my American wife's relatively wealthy family for the first time, the difference in culture was always a big and fun topic to talk about.
Here are some other topics that should be good and get you through a couple of conversations:
Your family's history, as far back as you know about it. Many Americans do not know about their ancestors before they crossed the ocean. In my experience many are interested in hearing from someone with a history.
The meaning of your first- and family- name always make for interesting conversations with Americans.
Everybody likes to hear a story about a hard job you once had, because it shows that you are not a spoiled person and can take care of yourself.
Complementing (even expensive) things in their house and asking about them is considered polite. Do that.
Talk about a special kind of Cheese, Bread Meat or Fruit that is typical for the area you come from and that you really enjoy. Everyone likes food and it will give them the opportunity to talk about what they really like.
If you have a green thumb talk about how you like to grow flowers/fruits or vegetables. Mentioning how much you like to grow and take care of things is always a good Idea for a women, because it subconsciously establishes you as fertile and a caretaker.
Politics, finances and religion are not considered proper dinner conversation topics in the US, so you can relax on that front.
Americans like it when you talk about how giant their country is and how everything (cars/roads/...) is bigger over there.
I hope I could help and wish you a fun trip.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.