[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (7KB, 108x108px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
7KB, 108x108px
I'm not asking this because of depression or anything, but it all just feels so empty and non-satisfactory.

Most of us live to enjoy life. We work our asses of and get money so that we can spend it on that activity we love, and enjoy ourselves.
But the concepts of "having fun" and "being happy" are nowhere near something that could give meaning to one's life. For instance, yesterday I went to an amazing concert. I spent a lot of money on it, and I'd been waiting for it for months. It was pretty amazing, and I had a great time; but now it's all past. When I woke up this morning, it was another day, and except for a cool memory I wouldn't have had last week, life is just the same. I have experienced happiness, and have enjoyed life, but that was the past and now life is meaningless again.

What should I do to make my life more meaningful?
>>
>What should I do to make my life more meaningful?

Hmm. That's a hard one as it differs from person to person.

For a lot of people they keep themselves so busy with work and raising kids they don't give themselves time to properly consider this question.

I'll answer to what gives my life meaning, but it may not apply to you.

These are the things I do to make my life more meaningful.
I spend time doing things that stimulate my mind I set goals that are usually small but achievable and then I feel satisfaction when they're done.
I try to maintain a calm and easygoing outlook on life and minimise stress - this doesn't directly provide meaning but it does make it possible to see things more clearly.
>>
>>17498363
Lol u should read, dumbfuk
>>
>>17498363
The meaning of life is to reproduce and spread / better our genetic code. That's it. Scientificly at least...
>>
>>17498363
most life on this planet gets ripped apart and eaten alive in horrible pain.

Our ancestors strived hard to improve our situation to ensure this never happened by making tooks to defend ourselves. Then to hunt. Then to shelter ourselves from the elements

lifes purpose is to improve ones standing in the world and for your children. Anything else is superfluous and just for fun
>>
>>17498377
?
>>
I don't really have too much of an answer to your question, I just want to say this is a sad post and I hope when I get to do things I really want to (scuba dive) it won't end the way your concert did.

Maybe you can continue to accumulate those meaningful experiences consistently so it's not just a one time event and then back to work again. That is the problem I see with short term vacations - yeah, you had fun for a week but you're back to your shitty job the next. Maybe find something more fulfilling in your career, otherwise find a way to have more pleasurable and meaningful experiences more often. Giving to others is one of the most pleasurable moments we can have. Give advice, food, a smile, a chat, whatever. A concert is self serving. You listened to a band play music and you enjoyed it. I would feel empty too in that situation. I would look outside and try to improve or help the lives of others, it may well improve your own.
>>
>>17498363
We live hard, to die easy
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.