[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2015-10-21-16-19-22.png (378KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-21-16-19-22.png
378KB, 540x960px
My roomate has had a history of going out on weekends and binge drinking. Normally this wasn't a problem for me as I didn't live with him at the time, and we'd usually go to apartment parties where they run out of alcohol fairly quickly. Tonight/this morning he went out to a baseball game, had 4 beers, then went to the bar, had a vegas bomb, and 2 tall boys. He ended up getting kicked out, and when I got back to our apartment, the bathroom was locked, and puke was all over the floor after he unlocked the bathroom. Now idk what to do, this was over an hour ago, he's still on the floor, and I have to wake up early, but can't because I have to deal with him. Idk what to do.

TL;DR roomate binge drank again, puked on bathroom floor, idk what to do
>>
If there's a way to get into the locked bathroom, do so.

Check that he's alive and breathing, move him to the shower and wash the spew off him - as much as possible.
This isn't out of charity. If you don't do it, he will most likely spread spew everywhere on his way to bed. Or wherever else he crashes.

Once his spew situation is under control, check the bathroom. If its manageable, leave it for him to clean. If its a complete disaster you'll need to clear enough of it so you can get in and shower/ clean teeth prior to work tomorrow.
>>
>>17498344
Thanks anon, he eventually unlocked the door, but It's pretty gross and I showered earlier but still went out and sweated, so I need to shower again. He's alive and spitting in the toilet. I just don't get why he does this repeatedly, drinks until he gets cut off/thrown out. Do you think I should try and get him help? He's otherwise clean and organized, but this is just too much imo
>>
>>17498364
If he does this often, I would start to look for a new place to move and don't invite him over until he gets his shit together. (Diplomatic choice)
Or kick him out if you want to dissolve the friendship.

As for alcohol abuse, the experienced professionals advise that there is no way to control their drinking - even if you ban alcohol from the house you can't babysit him 24/7 so he will always find a way to get booze into his system in large quantities.

The only way to help people who are abusing alcohol is to not help them. If they are fucking their life up, you have to let them. Don't cover for them or make excuses for them. That only makes things worse.

Having said all that, a lot of people drink irresponsible quantities of alcohol when they are young (18-22-ish)
>>
>>17498441
I mean I've just moved in with him, but it seems like he only drinks a lot when he goes out. It's also really difficult to find a new place where I live. Also, I get that most people binge drink 18 - 22, but he's reckless about it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.