[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

theater group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: selectdifficulty.jpg (55KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
selectdifficulty.jpg
55KB, 620x349px
Will attending a theater group help me fight my social anxiety? Is it a good idea?
>>
>>17496632
For me, Theatre is the best medicine. I find it to be very therapeutic. Not sure about social anxiety but it can definitely help you escape some of the issues of your real life
>>
>>17496632

it depends. on everything.

lets break this down
>there are different anxiety levels

if you can get into a theater group we dont know if you will just sit there the entire time or actually get up. only you know.

>there are different KINDS of anxiety

some people can perform on stage in front of everyone and thats fine. but ask them to talk to some cute girl at the after party and they refuse.

my best friend can join a new group for, say, dodgeball, and do all sorts of retarded shit during it that makes me cringe. but he refuses to apply for a job as a baker cuz of his anxiety.

im kind of the reverse. could easily talk my way into any job, but at dodgeball i tend to stick with really basics, dodging and avoiding the throw. one doesn't necessarilly help the other, though it can.

>is it a good idea

ultimately, yes. the worst case scenario is you quit. you dont have a lot to lose.
>>
>>17496643
>ask them to talk to some cute girl at the after party and they refuse
OP here, this is my level of anxiety. Sometimes I go out for a beer with my friends (who call me less and less often as months go), once a few months I even go at some party. I feel relaxed when I talk to my close friends, but when i'm around some new people I am quiet, and I don't talk much.

Maybe theater group will help me break this blockade in my mind, help me approach people and talk to them without fear of being judged.
>>
>>17496698

maybe approaching people will help you learn how to approach people.

doing theater is a very round about way of trying to fix that problem. good luck with whatever you choose tho
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.