[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going out in public causes me to feel extremely anxious. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Going out in public causes me to feel extremely anxious. When I am at school I feel like an alien and don't belong there.

All the advice anyone has ever give me is to keep doing things that make me anxious until I enjoy them, which hasn't worked.

I feel alone in every group, even around close friends I sense that others don't care about what I have to say.

The only women to ever tell me I am in any way cute/attractive were over 40 and friends of my parents. And only in the grandma pinching cheeks kind of way.

The most sexual thing I have ever done was touch a strippers boob for a dollar.

Girls rarely talk to me, I've gone 3 months without having a conversation with one.

My only attempt at asking out a girl ended with me feeling like a worthless clingy beta.

I don't think I can read body language, any time I think I am acting neutral or ignoring someone I find out I am actually putting off weak body language.

I have interests but I feel like for as much as I care I have nothing to show for it and that everything I have accomplished is fairly pathetic and not noteworthy.

As long as I try to be logical and honest with myself I have low self esteem, when I think about the kinds of accomplishments that I think would give me better self esteem I visualize myself giving up or coming short in a way that makes me more unhappy.

Then I tell myself I that I have nothing to complain about. I think I have so many advantages and my only real problem in my life is I am a self absorbed millennial and a real man doesn't care.

I don't really have a question I just wanted to type this to see how I felt. If I did have a question it would be if whether or not this is typical sounding.
>>
Same here bruh. I don't know what to do about it though, xcept I'll probably kms someday. Sorry for no help
>>
>>17496636
>Sorry for no help
I don't think anyone can help me.

I have thought pretty hard about it and I think most of my points are true. Any time I have been given a reason to not feel self pity it is usually because of something not in my control like how my parents are able to help me out a lot with school and that I am smart, which makes me feel worse because now I know others do better than me with even less.
>>
>>17496566
How old are you? I was similar but things got progressively better between 19 and 23.
>>
>>17496566
>All the advice anyone has ever give me is to keep doing things that make me anxious until I enjoy them, which hadn't worked.
They give you that advice because nothing else works. The only cure for fear is to face it.

But that doesn't mean you have to flood yourself with it. No one ever cured arachnophobia by sticking his hand in a bucket of spiders. Pace yourself: lower doses to begin with, smaller steps up as time passes.

That's not a free pass. Hold yourself accountable for knowing what the next step will be, knowing when you are ready to take it, and actually taking it. Don't let anyone tell you that your current dose is too low, or that your steps are too small, or that your pace is too slow, as long as you are continuing to move forward and hold yourself accountable for it. They literally do not know what they're talking about. They cannot: they are not in your head.

I'm sad to hear that you're hurting. And I regret that I have nothing to tell you that you probably haven't already heard dozens of times. But this IS the way out, even if you've suffered some false starts, missteps, or even setbacks. Even when you've been knocked down seven times, there's nothing to do but get up eight times.
>>
>>17496566
What the best advice? Just relax man, chillout. Ehh .. Fuck it

Don't over analyze don't give on to bad thoughts just chill smile and have fun
>>
File: 1472083290363.jpg (68KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
1472083290363.jpg
68KB, 600x835px
Samesies. Though while I can go out most of the time, any situation where there is food that people expect me to eat (restaurant, movies, etc.) I get EXTREMELY nauseous and usually end up just excusing myself to dry heave in the bathroom. As you can imagine I'm essentially housebound and I fucking hate that I can't get it under control because I want to be able to spend time with family and friends. Its been this way for damn near 20 years, I'm beyond over it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.