[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cope with stupid decisions in a relationship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: oil_turmoil.jpg (66KB, 317x400px) Image search: [Google]
oil_turmoil.jpg
66KB, 317x400px
I got into a mild argument with my girlfriend, nothing serious, just a bit of tension from high stress but we're fine. Here's the issue for me though: I haven't been in this position before (total relationship newbie) and thought it could signify the beginning of the end. I got horny and reactivated a dating site thing. It was silly and foolish and nothing came of it, but looking back after everythings fine and we patched it up, I feel stupid and remorseful. Its actually kind of causing me anxiety like if she were to somehow find out what I did. explaning it would be a bad idea, but I dont know how to deal with this inner anxiety about it. What do i do? I feel like I devalued our relationship? I just want a clear head again
>>
>>17496391

tell her. the best kind of relationship comes from understanding. you were surprised to find understanding. now you need a little more.

explain it as you did here
>we were arguing
>i honestly though you were breaking up with me when you said "XX" or "YY"
>i activated a dating app
>but i didnt do anything

if she dumps you well no big deal, just activate the app again
>>
>>17496413
idk, I feel remorse, but I get the feeling that telling her just serves to make me feel better. Wouldn't that just lead to her not having as much faith as she does with me already? I feel like my dumb behavior is my own issue to deal with, not tell her because I feel bad.
>>
>>17496448
girls are like super sport motorcycles.
If drive them on public roads instead of a closed, pay to play track, sooner or later some blind mexican is going to run you the fuck over.

moral of the story?
Don't worry about the longevity. Buy all the aftermarket parts you want and splurge on performance, because you're going to wreck anyway and insurance will pay for that shit
>>
>>17496493
So fuck it all?

I don't know what that practically means for me now.
>>
>>17496493
what hte hell are you talking about?
>>
>>17496505
>So fuck it all?

no. i mean, you like to ride super sports, right? Of course you do, everyone does. But you're going to wreck.

not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

The idea is to wear all your safety gear. Helmet, gloves, armored pants/jacket, fire extinguisher, etc..

becuase just like super sports, relationships with women is going from one argument / misunderstanding ot the next.

As long as you have your priorities in order, just have as much fun as you can, cause more often than not, you never see that crash coming, it just happens.

so getting in an argument with a girlfriend is like assessing the crash (her gripe) and address the incoming collision with every good intention you have if you want to keep her, and make it through with both of you alive together. As long as you leave no question as to your desire to keep the relationship alive and well for the foreseeable future, you'll be fine.
>>
>>17496570
Thanks man, I do want to keep it alive and well, I doubted it at the time hence reactivating my account, but feeling that remorse better showed me what I valued.

I see >>17496413 point but I don't believe in 100% honesty anymore, more in line with what you said: keeping any forseeable crashes in line with best outcome for the relationshp
>>
>>17496595
yw
t. man who must subconsciously love pain because I never wear appropriate safety gear and regularly trades a few moments of bliss months and months of pain and lethargy
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.