[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Przechwytywanie.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Przechwytywanie.jpg
1B, 486x500px
How likely I am to have a depression?

I don't really have money for professional diagnosis- parents don't really see depression as a real thing and I am still studying. I need very clear evidence that something is going on and convince them that I might need treatment.

>female age 22
>scored high on every online depression test since high school and continue to do so now (pic related)
>very easily irritated
>feel indifferent or sad most of the time, low self-esteem
>sleep way too much (literaly cannot wake up before 11 am no matter how many alarms I set) and have problem falling asleep
>big issues with concentration and memory
>feel like nothing I do matters anyway and everything will be wrong no matter what
>cry easily, sometimes I have issues to talk with my parents because I feel urge to cry, over past several months cried reguraly, many times in public
>don't want to do anything that used to be enjoyable, can't even watch movies or read books like I used to
>constantly tired, have periods when I fall asleep during classes or meetings, even when I slept well and drank coffee
>>
>>17495839
Pretty sure you're depressed. But why?
>>
>>17495839
I just did a depression test. I'm not depressed at all, still they said others things. Those shit are useless and pretty retarded. BTW you can talk to someone about this feelings, that's it. Also, maybe start a relationship, help a lot in this situations.
>>
>>17495879
I was in few relationships in past 3 years, they only made me feel worse.

>>17495876
Don't know really, don't remember a time when I was happy- maybe in elementary school or something.
>>
Could be, who knows. Self-diagnosis is pretty much worthless and even psychologists can only place you vaguely on a spectrum.

In my case, I'm pretty much a zombie all the time. No sadness, no joy, just an empty daily routine that means so little to me that I had to start putting a calendar in a visible place to remind myself what month it is.

Your case might be completely different, but you have to look at your life and think "would I be better off by having a therapist drag me out of this ditch I'm stuck in and give me a jumpstart". If so, then see one.

That's what psychologists are for.
>>
>>17495895
well that sums me up pretty well- I guess I also have short periods when I feel very elevated agitated but those end after an hour or so.
>>
>>17495879
>I think I have depression
>why not start a relationship?
Thats the worst advice I've read in a while
>>
>>17495943
You know that when you are really depressed psychiatrist give you pills that literally do the same things of a relationship, right? Being a ungrateful bitch\fuckboy is different from be depressed.
>>
>>17495960
They give you pills that force chemical reactions similar to experiencing good, loving relationship. When you are depressed having "good, loving relationship" isnt easy.
>>
>>17496229
Last bump
>>
>>17495960
But the psychiatrist's main goal is to bring the repressed origin of the neurosis into the foreground from the unconsciousness.
>>
>>17496487
>Pop psych.
>>
>>17496487
The talk is psychologist. The psychiatrist is a sort of "neurologist" that give you magic candies, they do diagnosis and treatment of disorders. They don't talk to you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.